Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injured Bent's stay at Albion is up in the air [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Darren Bent's Albion stay is up in the air.
The on-loan Aston Villa striker was forced off by a groin injury during the first half of yesterday's 2-2 draw against Reading at the Amex.
Caretaker manager Nathan Jones said: "It's just a tweak of the groin. We'll assess him over the next few days and see where we are with him."
The loan of ex-England marksman Bent, who has scored two goals in five appearances, is due to end with the Monday evening trip to Fulham.
The loan spells of Bent's Villa colleague Gary Gardner, Greg Halford (Nottingham Forest) and the substituted Elliott Bennett (Norwich) are also scheduled to expire after the visit to Craven Cottage.
Former Albion defender Jones, assistant to both Oscar Garcia last season and Sami Hyypia, who quit on Monday, relished taking charge of the team against Reading.
The Welshman said: "Life is about challenges. I work extremely hard for my career. I had to as a player and I do as a coach. I'm very proud of my position here and I was very proud to be asked to take the team. I loved every minute of it.
"Obviously, when you are 2-0 down, you think 'Okay it could be better' but the reaction I got was fantastic. I'm really proud of the players, they were excellent. They gave me everything which is all you can ask."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here