Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halford played a vital holding role!

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Yesterday Halford played the role we have needed for a long time. His height and presents allowed him to hold the ball between mid and Cms. Hence allowing CMS to be much more effective. Would have been good to see Bent with CMS and Halford holding. Maybe Monday?
Also good effort Jones for showing bit of passion and maybe giving team a boost at half time.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Yesterday Halford played the role we have needed for a long time. His height and presents allowed him to hold the ball between mid and Cms. Hence allowing CMS to be much more effective. Would have been good to see Bent with CMS and Halford holding. Maybe Monday?
Also good effort Jones for showing bit of passion and maybe giving team a boost at half time.

Were they Xmas presents?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Halford spent 80 mins as a CB and then 10 mins as a target man for CMS to feed off. Could be thrown up front if we can get the man we are missing most back ie Gordon Greer.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I really dislike Halford, but going up front did give us something else. His throw is a weapon, and why we haven't used it before is beyond me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thought Holla played that role yesterday..i'm puzzled you thought a centre back did that..,but I have been presently surprised by Halford his versatility is a big plus

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Shame he didn't play the vital marking Glenn Murray role in the first half.

but I thought that was the law that Murray must score against us whoever he playes for, cue to bring him here in any capacity signed or loan ...............please

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Handy Player

I thought Halford was that slow player who looked out of sorts, but would be good at netball.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
I thought Halford was that slow player who looked out of sorts, but would be good at netball.

I thought for the most part he looked solid and dependable, with the long throw being a major plus.

Funny how people can see different things.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Once Hanford went up top I thought both defence and attack improved remarkably! Halfords early defending and touches were dreadful but all credit to Jones, he did something different (far more obviously than previous incumbents) and it had a positive effect.

If you had told me at 0-2 down that I would enjoy myself so much in the second half yesterday, I'd have called you an optimist of the highest calibre, but it's a funny old game (so I've been told).

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Thought Holla played that role yesterday..i'm puzzled you thought a centre back did that..,but I have been presently surprised by Halford his versatility is a big plus

I played with him for a bit at Colchester. He was so much better playing forward than in defence as we witnessed yesterday. Hopefully they will pick that up too.

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
I'm not sure about Halford... seems a bit like a one trick pony
After the throw-in which led to JFC tumbling the ball into the net (surprising Reading and us) every other throw was quashed after the element of surprise had gone...
His versatility does nothing other than remind me of someone indecisive, like myself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here