jfc-271214-ld229-2165974_478x359.jpg

Jake Forster-Caskey
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 27th December 2014
by James Hilsum
The way we’ve gained that point is massive."
Jake Forster-Caskey

Jake Forster-Caskey says the manner in which Brighton & Hove Albion gained a point against Reading can spur the side on going into the remainder of the festive period.

The midfielder slid the ball home just before half time to start the Albion comeback, before Inigo Calderon’s dramatic last-minute equaliser wiped out Reading’s 2-0 lead to claim a share of the spoils.
He said, “It’s a mixture of feelings because it was a terrible start and we were all raring to go. Jonesy [Nathan Jones] got us really up for the game and we’ve let him down a little bit, but we showed great character and managed to get ourselves back in the game.
“I don’t know what it was at the beginning; maybe we were over eager, maybe we wanted to impress too much and it worked against us, but some teams that are struggling would’ve crumbled after going 2-0 down and we showed we’re fighting for every point for the fans and everybody involved with the club.
“The way we’ve gained that point is massive, because it might just give us the lift that we need to start picking up some more points and to hopefully win our next game.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 20-year-old was also delighted to get on the score-sheet before praising the fans for their incredible support throughout the 90 minutes.
“I played a little bit further forward; I enjoyed that role and managed to get a goal, but I’ll play anywhere and try to do my best for the club.
“The way we played as a team got the crowd behind us and they were brilliant. They helped us massively and when they’re behind us, it makes it a lot easier.
“Hopefully they can do that in the next game and we can win for them, because that’s what we’re trying to do in every match.
“You can always learn from every game; and I think that we can now go to Fulham and get the right result on Monday.”[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here