Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy won us a point.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thoght he was poor today. Kept trying to thread the ball into the box rather than playing the easy ball to the overlapping player. When he finally did, Cokunga was able to look up and pick out Calde with a low hard cross.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very poor player, so un-fit, it's now plain why he was available Burke deserved the sack for just that 1 signing.

This. He clearly has talent, but little application.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I thought he was terrible when he came on ambled about lost the ball countless times, failed to cross when out wide and generally contributed nothing

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought as ever he tried to play the intricate good looking ball, when a straight no nonsense ball was required. Seems a selfish player always trying to make himself look good and clever, when in actual fact he should be thinking about the team.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
I thought as ever he tried to play the intricate good looking ball, when a straight no nonsense ball was required. Seems a selfish player always trying to make himself look good and clever, when in actual fact he should be thinking about the team.

So you bring on a creative player with 15 minutes to go and expect an impact. Not reasonable. Either give him much more time or don't bother. All they are doing at the moment is "sabotaging him"

And they bring on a 100% left footed young player and play him on the right. So they are sabotaging him too!

Dreadful management

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So you bring on a creative player with 15 minutes to go and expect an impact. Not reasonable. Either give him much more time or don't bother. All they are doing at the moment is "sabotaging him"

And they bring on a 100% left footed young player and play him on the right. So they are sabotaging him too!

Dreadful management

Why not? It only takes a second to do something creative.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

If you put a left footed player on the right, it means that when they cut it, they will have the ball on the correct foot with which to shoot from. Solly was quite effective last season when doing exactly this.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not at his sparkling best for those moments, against a team who'd largely parked the bus, but that is hardly enough time to be labelled a failure or worthless. He can make a difference coming off the bench, but shouldn't be wholly expected to do so on every occasion. Sometimes i would think his presence alone, in the form of not just his scabbiness of beard, puts defenders on edge.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Made several bad decisions when in good positions yesterday. I'd love to understand what people actually see in this bloke, he's an impact sub, and won't ever be anything more than that for us.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Made several bad decisions when in good positions yesterday. I'd love to understand what people actually see in this bloke, he's an impact sub, and won't ever be anything more than that for us.

Without much impact by most accounts?

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Paddy has to be one of the most frustrating signings we have made in years.
It's fairly obvious there is talent abound somewhere hidden inside just waiting to explode. The problem is it just won't come out, it's there but lost.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Some of the comments seem a bit harsh to me.

Yesterday, I thought was his worst performance (created next to nothing), but prior to that he has practically been our only creative option when he's come off the bench. Defensively, he actually won a tackle yesterday and chased back the length of the pitch and intercepted the ball in his own penalty area, which is more than I've seen Texeira do (from a defensive perspective) in any of the games he's played in all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here