Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booing Glenn Murray

Jul 17, 2014
At the game today, I was appalled to hear boos from the crowd when Murray was mentioned on the linup. I felt it was an insult to a man who has served the club very well in the past.

I know he went to Palace, but football is a business and they were promising first team football for a strong promotion contending championship side and were (probably) paying more money than we could offer him.

I was shocked when he was booed. Even more so when he scored and the booing got louder. He made a fantastic effort of not celebrating and I thought that was amazing.

Even after scoring his second goal he kept his celebrations to a minimum. I give him a lot of credit for that. He proved a point and if that had been me I would have gone mental (particularly after being booed) and I was impressed by the way he controlled himself.

All in all I'm horrified that Brighton fans would boo him and feel bad for Murray.

(On a positive note, we didn't lose! :lolol::lolol::lolol:)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Get a grip. It's panto booing because he's now a Palace player. Besides, he's not Brighton through and through and only 'served' the club because he was paid handsomely. If he was so loyal he'd have signed a new contract before the old one ran out.

The beardy ****.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Horrified for him? He left us for palace, irregardless of any reasons permitting - he still left us for them and then got them promoted.

I didn't boo him because it just antagonises him and he seems to me he sort who will raise his game to prove a point, I just knew he would score though, can still understand people booing though.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You were shocked & appalled by booing for an ex player who went to our rivals?

Maybe you should take up chess instead, or something less stressful.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Think if Murray had gone to any other club than Palace he would've been held in much higher esteem,but that said,he acted with decorum with his celebrations....and how many of those that booed would like him back..../both my son and myself said before KO how long before Murray scored against us....my son went for 13 mins...I went for 5 mins...both wrong, due to woeful defending.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
He left us for Palace after holding us to ransom and we didn't pay up.
He knew what it meant and yes I understand there is no loyalty to a player from a club etc., but there are things like Honour, Respect, Gratitude and Class that he has shown himself to be sadly lacking.

The only reason the feckless **** doesn't celebrate when he scores against us is because he's still living locally by all accounts. Watch him feck off up North and then he'll really give it the full works.

I never clapped Hammond when he came back, likewise I would never clap Harding, they like Judas displayed the same toadyish, spiteful, ungrateful traits.

Bollocks to him.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just goes to show again the mistake of not improving his contract and replacing him with CMS for what 2 or 3 million or so ? but yes, respect for not rising to the crowd, 2 goals scored was a good answer for that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We were never able to keep Glenn as the board completely ****ed up our budgets that year. Too many players got extensions from the promotion and we couldn't ship, and we had a rigid transfer/sign on fee & wage budget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here