Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halfords long throw,has PULIS secretly already taken over

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Put Reading under pressure on numerous occasions I'm already loving the Pulis way, looking forward now to seeing the ball boys carrying towels by the touchline for that extra grip on delivery :clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The only thing that's taken over is desperation in the complete absence of any viable alternatives I think you'll find.

Mind you, it was quite funny seeing those long throws today. Felt a bit like gallows humour to me.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some how the east stand ball boy lost his towel in the 10 minutes between second half throw-ins.
Big Greg neverbuyabikefromhim was not amused.

I doubt any potential manager stayed beyond half time today.
Unless we're thinking of employing Ethan Hunt.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was Pulis in the dressing room at half time??? because that was some turn around in performance levels. For once at home we looked dangerous and actually put a team under pressure.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was Pulis in the dressing room at half time??? because that was some turn around in performance levels. For once at home we looked dangerous and actually put a team under pressure.

It was Reading.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
May I remind of how we played against Millwall we were shiter than shite.

I need no reminding.

I'm just depressed that scraping a draw against Reading is seen as somehow creditworthy.

D

Deleted member 2719

Either Pulis is involved or Jones is a tactical genius. I am going for the latter.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some how the east stand ball boy lost his towel in the 10 minutes between second half throw-ins.
Big Greg neverbuyabikefromhim was not amused.

I doubt any potential manager stayed beyond half time today.
Unless we're thinking of employing Ethan Hunt.

Lol ye i saw that Halford looked less than amused when there was no towel

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Long throws, goal mouth scrambles and putting it into the mixer on a cold, wet and windy day. I loved it. Who needs all this tippy , tappy rubbish.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
In 4 years we have gone from Vicente carving a defence open with a majestic run or pass to Halford's long throw as our main creative weapon. It is depressing to think how far we have declined.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In 4 years we have gone from Vicente carving a defence open with a majestic run or pass to Halford's long throw as our main creative weapon. It is depressing to think how far we have declined.

This.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah some top quality rosy spec wearing.

Neverbuyabikefromhim carved open Reading more times yesterday, with his long throws, than the odd occasion we were treated to a Vicente masterclass.
Neverbuyabikefromhim has already created the same amount of goals as Vicente.

We all loved Vicente, we all went weak at the knee v Derby, but for whatever reason barring the odd cameo (the like of which we've never seen before and are unlikely to ever see again) he wasn't very good for the Albion.

Vicente v Neverbuyabikefromhim is a non contest, but at the end of the day, we're a Tesco's team who once bought something out of date from Harrods.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Not in my opinion... The ball landing unexpectedly in our opponents goal area is always exciting for me. And much more watchable than a string of five yard passes that finish with a pass back to our keeper. I rejoice that we can turn throwins into corners.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I don't see the problem with long throws. It's the same concept as a corner. I doubt anyone gets the hump about us banging into the box (or attempting to) from a corner rather than playing it short and then failing to carve open the defence and walk it into the goal.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think we looked more dangerous from the throws than corners - maybe it's the angle of delivery and that it'll never be keepers' ball. It made defending much harder for Reading once they were aware of the danger of putting the ball out close to the box anyway, so made an impact in other ways.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here