Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk without Greer?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You believe he should be experienced enough already to play the lead role in a centre back partnership?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well if so he doesn't seem capable of it.

Or he's out of form and needs a rest.

You are expecting too much from our young, inexperienced, centre back who is learning how to lead a defence alongside a player who barely plays there. He is stepping up to a role he hasn't done before in a beleaguered team, this is him gaining the experience that a Gordon Greer gained at some point.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think to be fair, centre backs act as a pair more than any other positions in a team. By the very nature of their defensive duties it is important to build up a mutual understanding. Difficult over a handful of games. We could IMO equally expect Greers game to be less than expected if Dunk was absent.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
To be fair, he hasn't put much of a foot wrong all season. His cross field passes have been a joy to watch when they've come off, such as the pass that led to Bruno's goal in the Cardiff game.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
To be fair, he hasn't put much of a foot wrong all season. His cross field passes have been a joy to watch when they've come off, such as the pass that led to Bruno's goal in the Cardiff game.

Agree with this. Ever since Greer was injured Dunk has still been one of our most consistent performers. Yes he might make the odd mistake, but I would have him in our side any day. Greer has bad games and makes errors does that make him not good enough. Some people just need to pick on any Albion players. You have to be thick skinned to be an Albion youngster, I bet half the U21's are really looking forward to getting into the first team and being slagged off.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
I think its more likely greer without dunk next season if im honest.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Sure its been said but CB is a position you work with someone. Greer and dunk look good. Take one away not so good. Unless one is an exceptional leader such as Upson ot is very difficult when one is missing

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
strange thread indeed as I thought Dunk (apart from a couple of misplaced passes) had a very good game today.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Do what?

The only player of real quality on the pitch in blue & white. I've been at every home game this season & he has been the player of the season. A great game today. Reads the game fantastically & makes quality interceptions from hoofs up field.

The only reason he won't partner Greer next season is because he may be sold to a club in the prem

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here