Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barbers Programme Notes

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Reading this tonight I've come to the conclusion that I'll never read them again. Ever.
They have effectively become the Albion equivalent of a head masters assembly where you know that you will collectively be told off for something and then warned never up do it again or you'll be expelled. Along with a million reasons as up why if you continue to do it the world will come to an end, we'll all die and it's all your fault. Only to finish with a token 'have a great time, enjoy yourselves, happy term time kiddos'

Tragic

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I skimmed them, I didn't notice anything about Sami, or changing manager or anything like that. You'd think there was nothing going on there. I did notice the little bit about not having a go at club officials.

I thought his summary of the meeting with fans that Paul Beirne hosted was very simplistic. Barber (who wasn't there) claims the meeting was "to start a discussion about how, working together, we can improve the noise levels throughout the stadium in 2015". From the perspective of the fans who were there, it was very much more than that.

briref

Aug 12, 2008
I skimmed them, I didn't notice anything about Sami, or changing manager or anything like that. You'd think there was nothing going on there. I did notice the little bit about not having a go at club officials.

Surprising no mention of management change considering the notes were written on 20th December

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
When Sami handed in his resignation today's programmes would have been printed or in-print. To retract or edit it would have cost a small fortune.

Acker79

Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When Sami handed in his resignation today's programmes would have been printed or in-print. To retract or edit it would have cost a small fortune.

Yet, Jones wrote the manager's notes and these referenced Sami leaving.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He was complaining about social media sites (NSC)complaining about how the club was being run blah blah, saying it will not help the situation, everyone must pull together at this difficult time ect. I think i heard it all before.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sadly my programme is wetter and more stuck together than my old copies of Razzle. Which interestingly were also a load of old w**k.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Also why is it that there is never a page numbered look up on the contents page for Paul Barbers' notes? Are they important enough to merit a thread on here every 2 weeks but not important enough to be indexed in the programme itself? If the later why bother writing them at all?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Welcome back to the Amex for the final time in 2014. Reading's visit is, of course, our first Boxing Day fixture at the Amex and the first at home on December 26 in half a decade.

I’m writing my notes for today's programme having just arrived back from the West Midlands where the team battled hard for a well-deserved point against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux.

Anyone that made the trip to Wolverhampton would have seen first-hand just how much effort is going in to turning things around on the pitch.

And, not for the first time this season, our players' performance deserved better than the result we secured.

Once again, our travelling support for the team was excellent and it was great to see so many Albion supporters making the near 400-mile round trip just a few days before Christmas.

It's also great to see that nearly 3,000 fans will be getting behind the team at Fulham on Monday evening.

We are, of course, very well aware that our supporters are very disappointed with our current league position. And, yes, it is cause for concern for everyone in the football club.

It is a fact of modern life that some people will take to social media to express their opinions. Others will vent their disappointment at our games.

With expectations for the season so high, we understand why this is happening.

Nobody at the club is immune to the disappointment of our season so far - everyone is frustrated and everyone is hurting - but singling out individuals for personal abuse or taking frustrations out on our staff simply doesn't help anyone around the club, least of all the players.

We now have a lot of work to do to improve our league position. The very best chance we have of doing this, starting today, is by all of us pulling in the same direction, supporting each other, and, most importantly of all, getting behind the players as vociferously as possible.

The matchday atmosphere at the Amex is a hot topic of debate for fans and the club's staff alike. Last week, we hosted around 50 supporters to start a discussion about how, working together, we can improve the noise levels throughout the stadium in 2015.

This dialogue will continue into the New Year and we will involve more supporters as ideas and thoughts start to take shape. Thanks to those supporters who gave up their time last week. It was an extremely valuable and worthwhile start to the process.

We are totally open-minded to moving people around the stadium, if this helps and those supporters likely to be affected by such changes are willing. We are also open to other suggestions to generate more noise if our ground regulations can accommodate them.

Finally, with a busy programme of matches ahead of us in the next few weeks most of which are on the road in London - I want to take this opportunity of thanking you for your support in 2014 and, on behalf of everyone at the club, to wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2015.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Didn't think that that was too bad. He is the effectively 'the boss' at the club so to make a general point about the social media stuff is part and parcel of his work. If he would have ignored it altogether I imagine that it would have been highlighted too. There is an unusual feel about the place at the minute where the supporters feel like they are being treated like customers, then being told off when acting as such. That could well just be me....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It may not have escaped Barber's attention that when the side actually played some football today the crowd got right behind them. Good players and good football generate atmosphere, not musical chairs.

It might also help if we made some decent permanent signings of players that gave a toss. We've lost some of our main songs - Ulloa, Barnes, Buckley, CMS, Bridcutt, Kuszczak all had songs so 10 or 11 every game. Now there's maybe one or two when the subs warm up.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He was complaining about social media sites (NSC)complaining about how the club was being run blah blah, saying it will not help the situation, everyone must pull together at this difficult time ect. I think i heard it all before.

Welcome back to the Amex for the final time in 2014. Reading's visit is, of course, our first Boxing Day fixture at the Amex and the first at home on December 26 in half a decade.

I’m writing my notes for today's programme having just arrived back from the West Midlands where the team battled hard for a well-deserved point against Wolverhampton Wanderers at Molineux.

Anyone that made the trip to Wolverhampton would have seen first-hand just how much effort is going in to turning things around on the pitch.

And, not for the first time this season, our players' performance deserved better than the result we secured.

Once again, our travelling support for the team was excellent and it was great to see so many Albion supporters making the near 400-mile round trip just a few days before Christmas.

It's also great to see that nearly 3,000 fans will be getting behind the team at Fulham on Monday evening.

We are, of course, very well aware that our supporters are very disappointed with our current league position. And, yes, it is cause for concern for everyone in the football club.

It is a fact of modern life that some people will take to social media to express their opinions. Others will vent their disappointment at our games.

With expectations for the season so high, we understand why this is happening.

Nobody at the club is immune to the disappointment of our season so far - everyone is frustrated and everyone is hurting - but singling out individuals for personal abuse or taking frustrations out on our staff simply doesn't help anyone around the club, least of all the players.

We now have a lot of work to do to improve our league position. The very best chance we have of doing this, starting today, is by all of us pulling in the same direction, supporting each other, and, most importantly of all, getting behind the players as vociferously as possible.

The matchday atmosphere at the Amex is a hot topic of debate for fans and the club's staff alike. Last week, we hosted around 50 supporters to start a discussion about how, working together, we can improve the noise levels throughout the stadium in 2015.

This dialogue will continue into the New Year and we will involve more supporters as ideas and thoughts start to take shape. Thanks to those supporters who gave up their time last week. It was an extremely valuable and worthwhile start to the process.

We are totally open-minded to moving people around the stadium, if this helps and those supporters likely to be affected by such changes are willing. We are also open to other suggestions to generate more noise if our ground regulations can accommodate them.

Finally, with a busy programme of matches ahead of us in the next few weeks most of which are on the road in London - I want to take this opportunity of thanking you for your support in 2014 and, on behalf of everyone at the club, to wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2015.

Social media sites aren't mentioned.
but singling out individuals for personal abuse or taking frustrations out on our staff simply doesn't help anyone around the club, least of all the players.
I think that is more to do with the fracas that happened between a fan and Paul Watson behind the dugout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here