Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Major additions needed in January...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
...or else it's the drop for us with this group of players.

Doesn't matter who the new manager is, unless we get some quality into this squad, and above all else a leader on the pitch, then it's going to need a miracle to avoid the drop.

The only glimmer of hope I can see is that there seems to be a lot of other poor teams in this division this season. We've seen yet another one today I think.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, couldn't agree more. When you look at the table, there really is a lot of rubbish in this league.

Get Greer back, strengthen the midfield, get a forward and we might escape. We lack leaders......

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, couldn't agree more. When you look at the table, there really is a lot of rubbish in this league.

Get Greer back, strengthen the midfield, get a forward and we might escape. We lack leaders......

And I couldn't agree more with you either. You've especially nailed it in terms of what we need.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And I couldn't agree more with you either. You've especially nailed it in terms of what we need.

I'd actually like a Grant Holt type up front, just a big body and go 4-4-2. He's a lump, but a leader, midfield, we need a tough Kevin Nolan figurehead, some sort of irritant and then someone else who has a bit of nous to go with him.

Of course, if Murray was available I'd have him instead f Holt, but in reality that will never happen. We lack presence in all areas.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
I'd actually like a Grant Holt type up front, just a big body and go 4-4-2. He's a lump, but a leader, midfield, we need a tough Kevin Nolan figurehead, some sort of irritant and then someone else who has a bit of nous to go with him.

Of course, if Murray was available I'd have him instead f Holt, but in reality that will never happen. We lack presence in all areas.
grant holt is poor

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Is Pulis your preference then?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This squad, as it currently is, is strong enough to keep us in the division. Our problem this season has been the tactics and the coaching, not the players as such and given a different guidance and a new voice in training I have no doubt that we'll start to climb the table and pull away from the bottom three.

I have no concerns about the squad and I have no concerns that we'll sign the striker we need in January, if Bent isn't staying any longer. Maybe we'll try and extend the loan deal for Halford until the end of the season, as well as Elliott Bennett but we have no se for Teixeira or Garnder, despite him playing every game for no obvious reason. It's time to get Ince back in the side, and getting full use out of the wages we're paying to Toko and Agustien, or get rid of one or both.

It'll be interesting to see how goes out of the club, when the new manager is hired. Presumably he'll have it his own way.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill

This is really it to be honest

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
grant holt is poor

Of course you're welcome to your opinion, but at the moment (today), we were pumping it long or going diagonally and winning precisely nothing. Holt is not a goal scorer but he is a presence that others can feed off.

Who would you go for?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We definitely need a Midfield dynamo who can tackle and spot a pass and another alongside him to help. Upfront another striker and either a LB or RB to bolster the defence

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This squad, as it currently is, is strong enough to keep us in the division. Our problem this season has been the tactics and the coaching, not the players as such and given a different guidance and a new voice in training I have no doubt that we'll start to climb the table and pull away from the bottom three.

I have no concerns about the squad and I have no concerns that we'll sign the striker we need in January, if Bent isn't staying any longer. Maybe we'll try and extend the loan deal for Halford until the end of the season, as well as Elliott Bennett but we have no se for Teixeira or Garnder, despite him playing every game for no obvious reason. It's time to get Ince back in the side, and getting full use out of the wages we're paying to Toko and Agustien, or get rid of one or both.

It'll be interesting to see how goes out of the club, when the new manager is hired. Presumably he'll have it his own way.

This squad, as it currently is, is strong enough to have is in the relegation zone, and lacks the quality plus grit and determination to get us out of it. Whilst I'd agree that we've been badly let down by tactics and coaching, ultimately the players themselves have to stand up and be counted and prove that they're up to the job on the pitch.

As for having no concerns about the squad. You must be watching a different team to me then.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Elliott Bennett is a former shadow of the player we sold. He can go back.

Teixera is a season long loan (don't think we can send him back early if he's not injured?)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Elliott Bennett is a former shadow of the player we sold. He can go back.

Teixera is a season long loan (don't think we can send him back early if he's not injured?)

Yep, totally agree on Elliott Bennett. I'd send him back a.s.a.p.

Tex is a lightweight luxury we can ill afford to play in an already lightweight midfield at the moment. However, strengthen the midfield up and he becomes a viable option as a player capable of providing real flashes of genius.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Colunga isn't the answer down the left. I think the midfield has enough if we dare drop Forster caskey & Gardner.

For me we need a left back, a decent right back (not Bruno or (sorry) calde, a left wing & a striker

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
...or else it's the drop for us with this group of players.

Doesn't matter who the new manager is, unless we get some quality into this squad, and above all else a leader on the pitch, then it's going to need a miracle to avoid the drop.

The only glimmer of hope I can see is that there seems to be a lot of other poor teams in this division this season. We've seen yet another one today I think.
get the right manager and bring 2 or 3 quality players then i think we will be okay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here