Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why play him alone upfront ?

Pointless

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was ok, nothing more missed a simple chance with the header (fortunately was offside), and should have done better with another chance. Same old issues, tries very hard, but just isn't good enough.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was ok, nothing more missed a simple chance with the header (fortunately was offside), and should have done better with another chance. Same old issues, tries very hard, but just isn't good enough.
TBH the way this season's panned out, 'tries very hard' makes CMS Player of the Season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I really like CMS but at this level I think he has had his chances and failed.
Yes he needs to play off/ alongside a target man but that is a luxury we seem never to have been prepared to try

albionite

May 20, 2009
Thought he had a good game today even his first touch was good. Would of liked to see him upfront with Bent.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought he had a good game today even his first touch was good. Would of liked to see him upfront with Bent.

There's never been anything wrong with CMS' first touch, that's an NSC myth.
Although, on the other hand, CMS' third touch is absolutely appalling and is an embarrassment to all professional footballers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I really thought Jones would make a STATEMENT of intent and play Bent and CMS up front today. What the frigging hell is wrong with playing 2 strikers at home, against an appalling mess of a team low on confidence ? I find it absolutely baffling. As always, the ball gets played up to Bent and he has nobody within 30 yards of him for support. He's got nobody to flick to to or combine with, so the best we can hope is that he controls it and plays it to the support when it eventually arrives.

Why is playing 2 up front such an anathema ? I honestly don't geddit. I really don't. ESPECIALLY when the midfield "backup" comprises of utter junk like Gardner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here