Bent 4

CMS 7
Paddy 4
March 6

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone played to their season long standard.

I thought Holla got progressively better after a shocking start, helped by showing Gardener exactly how to shoot from distance.

In a lightweight toothless midfield how the hell can March look even more lightweight?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Stockdale 7
Calderon 6
J Bennett 6
Dunk 8
Halfords 6
Jfc 6
Gardner 5
Holla 5
E Bennett 5
Colunga 6
Bent 3

Cms 4
Paddy 5
March 5

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I thought E.Bennett was a 5 first half but 7 second half and was getting the range for good cross field balls in for CMS to chase......and then he was taken off :tantrum:

Colunga was a 6 second half for me and put a decent ball in.... that Calde scored from. Good assist.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All these marks look very generous for me. Admittedly we put in a proper a shift against a very poor Reading side, but this was only in the second half, the first half was appalling.......

Defensively we were embarrassing in the first half.....

Stockdale - 6 - good save in first half.
Calderon - 6 - goal masked a poor defensive display in the first half
Dunk - 5- Worst performance of the season. Did get stronger as the game went on, but by then the damage was done.
Halford - 4 - Shocking against Murray, culpable for 2nd goal. Has a good throw....... :smile:
Bennett - 5 - Not a very good defender, but we know that already, better offensively
Holla - 6 - I like Holla, good passer, knows when to foul, reads the game and keeps the shape
Gardner - 5 - Usual rubbish in the main, a couple of better passes than normal though. Really hope his loan is not renewed.
JFC - 7 - finally a manager who plays him further forward, a more natural role for him.
E.Bennett - 6 - Sadly a shadow of the player we once knew......
Colunga - 6 - clever player, but just lacks confidence
Bent - 5 - Nothing of note

CMS - 6.5 - worked hard as always, missed some chances as always, needed someone to work with........as always
March - 4 - Too lightweight
McCourt - 4 - nothing of note

Good comeback, exciting finish, well done to Nathan Jones, but this should not mask the fact that we are a poor side, with a non-existent midfield and no goal scoring threat......

The saddest thing is, that Derby apart this is a poor division that we would have probably walked two years ago. Reading are very poor and Clarke has a lot of work to do.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well the first half is really easy to rate...utter shite each and every one of them.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My god, when you look at the squad and think about the injury to Bent we really are on massive trouble.

Wouldn't like to give ratings myself before seeing the goals again because both were shoddy. I thought Calde was particularly poor apart from the goal. Nobody seems to be able to play consistently well for 90 minutes at the moment. Lots of 6's.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
My god, when you look at the squad and think about the injury to Bent we really are on massive trouble.

You're not wrong. Going down with this lot that's for sure. Tony needs to get his cheque book out in January or we're stuffed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Wouldn't like to give ratings myself before seeing the goals again because both were shoddy. I thought Calde was particularly poor apart from the goal. Nobody seems to be able to play consistently well for 90 minutes at the moment. Lots of 6's.

You're correct apart from the 6's not one deserved more than a 5.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Stockdale 6 (doesn't always convince)

Calde 7.5 (never gave up!)

Dunk 7 (not at his best, but still pretty solid, post-opening 20 minutes...)

Halford 5 (not much for me apart from the long throws)

J Bennett 6 (as an overall left-back I don't think he's much better than Chicksen...tbh)

Holla 6.5 (showing signs of promise I thought, nice on target long range shot.)

JFC 7 (Good effort to get the goal)

Gardner 4.5 (Boring, Doesn't add anything to the team)

E Bennett 6 (nothing special from him today)

Bent 4 (Gave up after their second goal, the last we'll see of him in a Brighton shirt I think)

Colunga 5 (good technical player, makes the wrong decision too frequently)

Subs

CMS 6 (runs around a lot, goes to floor a lot)
March 6.5 (put a reasonable shift in)
Paddy 5.5 (pretty average...)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought this was a difficult game to really rate. So much that frustrated and irritated me, but there was, finally, some effort in the second half.

There was a terrible start, with everyone making mistakes, and a pathetically soft goal to concede. Passing throughout was pretty bad for the most part, and the first half it seemed like Jones had sent them out with the plan to get the ball to one side of the pitch then whack it to the opposite corner. I am always frustrated by fans who are angry that the player with the ball coming up the right wing doesn't pass the ball to an open player on the left wing. Today is the explanatuion for that. It's rare that our players have accuracy, but even the crosses that were heading for a team mate were intercepted as the defence had time to read the ball. Stronger second half, which was nice to see. I think we made Reading look better than they were, like we have so many teams this season.

Stockdale - 6
Calderon - 7 (an extra point for the goal)
Halford - 7 (an extra mark for the throw ins, odd they stopped when he was moved to centre forward late on)
Dunk - 6
J. Bennett - 5 (looked disinterested at various points)
Holla - 6
JFC - 6.5 (point for the goal, too many long cross field passes that were intercepted because they were bad passes)
Gardner - 5 (added to his tally of long distance shots that don't hit the target)
E. Bennett - 5
Bent - 5
Colunga - 5

CMS - 5 (managed a few good moments of control, but seeming had no idea what to do whenever he had the ball)
March - 5
McCourt - 5

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here