Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Clarke

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
I find myself wondering if Murray wasn't fully fit, as there could be no other reason for removing Reading's only effective striker in that game.

D

Deleted member 2719

I find myself wondering if Murray wasn't fully fit, as there could be no other reason for removing Reading's only effective striker in that game.

He was on a yellow and rolling about on the east sideline like a kid trying to hold on to his ball. He had lost the plot IMO. I reckon he still more Palace than Brighton.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
He was on a yellow and rolling about on the east sideline like a kid trying to hold on to his ball. He had lost the plot IMO. I reckon he still more Palace than Brighton.

I couldn't see him as much of a red card risk, unlike Simon Cox, who I thought was walking a tightrope.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We came up with the theory he'd got injured in the previous challenges. Only explanation other than madness.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
A dick I reckon. I can not remember a player who so obviously has a problem with the Albion after playing for us.

Been on the sauce again, Mouldy?
He's shown nothing but class each time he has scored against us.
It's not his fault that we make it so easy for him.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A dick I reckon. I can not remember a player who so obviously has a problem with the Albion after playing for us.
He probably has some justification to feel a little disappointed at the way he was treated at the end of his time with us. Had we given him a couple of quid more, we'd probably have reached the premier league, not palace. He hasn't ever celebrated a goal he's scored against us either. I like Murray, great player for us.

D

Deleted member 2719

Really? Dean Hammond when he played for Southampton!
You could say I was baiting a tad for the anti Jones brigade!
Dean IMO still earned more respect for his rise through the Albion ranks.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Been on the sauce again, Mouldy?
He's shown nothing but class each time he has scored against us.
It's not his fault that we make it so easy for him.

Exactly this. Had plenty of opportunity to do a Hammond and turned it down each and every time in favour of no celebration.

Having said that, I'm not too inclined to do much defending of any player that leaves a team to go straight to their direct rivals.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Was flabbergasted when Murray went off.... I had visions of him scoring a hattrick, and we seemed keen to let him ..... all good news for Brighton though. We were the better team second half by miles, what a shame we were so utterly inept in the first half. Murray will never score two easier goals at this level.
Also, I dont get the booing when he came off. He was good for us, and doesnt "Over celebrate" when he scores against us....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here