Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion stalwart says win this one for Sami [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Inigo Calderon wants a win against Reading at the Amex today so that it can be dedicated to departed manager Sami Hyypia.
The long-serving Spanish defender says victory in the Seagulls' first home fixture on Boxing Day for five years would be the best way of saying thanks to the popular Finn following his resignation on Monday.
Calderon said: "A manager doesn't leave a place if he is happy, doing well and the team is performing and getting results.
"I take it as bad news but we have to just look forward and try to be as positive as we can. I am just thinking about Friday's game because I know it is Boxing Day and I have been here long enough to know it is a special day.
"We play at home finally after a few years. I just want to react as I think the best way to say thanks to Sami is by getting a result against Reading.
"Knowing him he will be happy if we can get some success this season, because he has been part of the team. We have to do it for us first, for the club and then for him to say thanks to him. We need to keep fighting as he did all the time and try to move forward."
Calderon, signed five years ago when Albion were towards the foot of League One, is poised for a run in the side over the festive period after Hyypia recalled him for Saturday's 1-1 draw at Wolves.
Compatriot and right-back rival Bruno, sent-off after moving into midfield for the stalemate in the West Midlands, starts a three-match suspension today.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here