Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck Nathan.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Imagine you're NJ waking up this morning knowing that you're in charge of our great club for one, possibly 2 games. Would you be feeling just the slightest bit of excitement/nerves? Knowing that you're unlikely to get the job on a permanent basis so can afford to go for it with a more attacking style (a la Bent & CMS up front, perhaps)?

I know he gets a load of clog on here but almost everyone who posts on here would love to be in his position today.

So good luck Nathan, go for it, get us 3 points and enjoy your day :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Imagine you're NJ waking up this morning knowing that you're in charge of our great club for one, possibly 2 games. Would you be feeling just the slightest bit of excitement/nerves? Knowing that you're unlikely to get the job on a permanent basis so can afford to go for it with a more attacking style (a la Bent & CMS up front, perhaps)?

I know he gets a load of clog on here but almost everyone who posts on here would love to be in his position today.

So good luck Nathan, go for it, get us 3 points and enjoy your day :thumbsup:

Agreed. I don't think he'll get the job permanently but if he's on the list he'll be going for it. To be fair to Tony Bloom we're now in a position that many fans were calling for so we need to get behind the club and the team for a full 90 minutes today. Good luck Nathan.

Wendy Wilkins

May 23, 2014
Hove
I only ever want us to win and personally I hope he has a 100% win rate for however long NJ is in charge. Let's bury the hatchet, but not in his skull.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I only ever want us to win and personally I hope he has a 100% win rate for however long NJ is in charge. Let's bury the hatchet, but not in his skull.

For me there was never a hatchet to bury. I've always liked Nathan. A somewhat 'spiky' character perhaps, but always vociferous and passionate when either playing for, or coaching the team.

All the best today Nathan.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Genuinely hope he mixes it up today. Two up top and paddy out wide. Do it Jones

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
after his pre-match interview I rather like him and hope he does well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
4-4-2 would be nice, good luck Nathan, how about resurrecting the squirrel just for today?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. I don't think he'll get the job permanently but if he's on the list he'll be going for it. To be fair to Tony Bloom we're now in a position that many fans were calling for so we need to get behind the club and the team for a full 90 minutes today. Good luck Nathan.

This - good luck Nathan.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Be interested to see if he can put right any of the basic coaching stuff that's repeatedly let us down so far - set plays at both ends, discipline, second ball, physicality, shape, positioning and all that.

THIS! I think Sami never realised the fundamentals this level requires, all of which are mentioned in the above post! It does seem peculiar that a guy who has a Champions league medal could not see it!!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Definitely, good luck to Jones and the team. I think the criticism of Jones is always a bit odd and seems based more on his Yeovil celebration than his actually coaching ability (something we all known literally nothing about).

I think today's team selection is really interesting... Either he'll stick with the same side Hyypia loosely persisted with, or he'll change it up a bit. If he sticks with the Hyypia players/system, in which case judgement will be cast on Jones, or maybe Jones plays someone different and you could get an inkling as to his working relationship with Hyypia. Maybe, or something else, I don't know, I'm tired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here