Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Festive CHEESE thread

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
We've had meat and booze. By now NSC must be on the CHEESE? What's rocking your fromage world tonight?

Brighton Blue and an uber mature Black Bomber for me with crackers and quick pickled spicy shallots. Glass of red. You?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here's mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 482

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
All the soft french cheeses possible. With a bit of Cheddar. 9 pm dining.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I may know my wines a bit, but cheese still throws me. Not saying I don't like it, but I sure as hell don't understand it.

I really don't do soft cheeses, mouldy is mouldy to me, once had a lovely French cheese from Cave Fromage in Hove but I have not a clue what it was. So I will be as dull as dull and say a bit of extra mature cheddar for the Mrs tonight (fnarr) and I will be sticking to Red Leicester.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Vacherin Mont d'or
Comte
Wigmore
Lincolnshire poacher

what procedure does a poorly kangaroo have? A hoperation.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Stilton, Camembert, Brie, Cambazola, extra strong cheddar.and vintage port all to be had in about 1 hour too early now.

What vintage port did you have? We had quite a young 94, ok, I know some say shouldn't have been opened, but the father in law popped it, and it couldn't be faulted really. Had a simple Camembert, a medium Stilton and some Sussex cheddar, all with a bit of celery and some crackers.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Sussex marble, stilton, Chellington goats cheese, some extra mature cheddar in a blood red rind, brie, some soft runny thing, some smoked cheddar. Still got a really smelly washed cheese left. Finished two bottles of Graham's vintage port 2007. My arteries are now clogged up. Gavi di Gavi in the fridge. Paul Jaboulet Hermitage 1996 may be past its best. Ridgeview sparkling is chilling. No quince jelly. Tired of oatcakes, now demanding warm bread. Very tired.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sussex marble, stilton, Chellington goats cheese, some extra mature cheddar in a blood red rind, brie, some soft runny thing, some smoked cheddar. Still got a really smelly washed cheese left. Finished two bottles of Graham's vintage port 2007. My arteries are now clogged up. Gavi di Gavi in the fridge. Paul Jaboulet Hermitage 1996 may be past its best. Ridgeview sparkling is chilling. No quince jelly. Tired of oatcakes, now demanding warm bread. Very tired.

You are my hero. Well played.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

That sounds like Ben Gunn's suicide note.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What vintage port did you have? We had quite a young 94, ok, I know some say shouldn't have been opened, but the father in law popped it, and it couldn't be faulted really. Had a simple Camembert, a medium Stilton and some Sussex cheddar, all with a bit of celery and some crackers.

Fonseca 1985. It was quite nice but only had the 1 bottle unfortunately

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Went down to colston basset a week or two back, picked up a sixteenth of their stilton, and one of Shropshire blue, direct from the creamery. Going down well with some port.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Primula.

Christmas not really happening at chez stat.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here