Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January-

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Assuming a new manager is in place by this Monday,it's going to be quite a January...

Really am quite excited but also worried perhaps in equal measure...

Feels really quite weird...a strange scenario awaits.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Assuming a new manager is in place by this Monday,it's going to be quite a January...

Really am quite excited but also worried perhaps in equal measure...

Feels really quite weird...a strange scenario awaits.

weird_feeling.jpg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Looking forward to January. Some tasty games ahead both home and away.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
My biggest concern is results between now and the last day of January before any signings are made

Would you care to expand? Are you perhaps saying a few wins could be percieved as a lesser need for investment?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
........sick and tired, you've been hanging on me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would you care to expand? Are you perhaps saying a few wins could be percieved as a lesser need for investment?

No. I'm guessing that the new manager will get a bumper (for us) war chest and has maybe 2 weeks to assess the squad and say who can go; who should go; what type of player we need and - (reportedly) for the first time in two years - say who precisely he wants. My concern is that the usual form is for the transfer window to be quiet as a graveyard until the final few hours when it becomes suddenly manic. We have 2 games between now and the window opening then a further 4 league games up to the window closing.......six matches closer to the end of the season before new players even begin to get "bedding-in" time. It's going to be a close call in the relegation battle even if the new gaffer makes all the right calls on players and tactics. Get any of those decisions wrong and it could already be too late!

Not wishing to be overly negative but under Hyypia some decisions had already been made on squad changes. If they were made early and worked reasonably positively our chances of escape were probably marginally higher than they are now.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
No. I'm guessing that the new manager will get a bumper (for us) war chest and has maybe 2 weeks to assess the squad and say who can go; who should go; what type of player we need and - (reportedly) for the first time in two years - say who precisely he wants. My concern is that the usual form is for the transfer window to be quiet as a graveyard until the final few hours when it becomes suddenly manic. We have 2 games between now and the window opening then a further 4 league games up to the window closing.......six matches closer to the end of the season before new players even begin to get "bedding-in" time. It's going to be a close call in the relegation battle even if the new gaffer makes all the right calls on players and tactics. Get any of those decisions wrong and it could already be too late!

Not wishing to be overly negative but under Hyypia some decisions had already been made on squad changes. If they were made early and worked reasonably positively our chances of escape were probably marginally higher than they are now.

Let's hope it's not too late.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Depending on who gets the managers job will fully depend on what we need to spend in Jan. If we can hang onto Bent until the end of the season then in reality we only need a decent creative midfielder. In Bent, Baldock and Colunga we have players who can score. We have a good enough back 5 out of our permanent players and J. Bennett. If we can get some form from Holla and Ince, then with March/Lua/McCourt and AN other we have the players to take us up the table. However, the new boss needs to get the best out of what we currently have as well

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Depending on who gets the managers job will fully depend on what we need to spend in Jan. If we can hang onto Bent until the end of the season then in reality we only need a decent creative midfielder. In Bent, Baldock and Colunga we have players who can score. We have a good enough back 5 out of our permanent players and J. Bennett. If we can get some form from Holla and Ince, then with March/Lua/McCourt and AN other we have the players to take us up the table. However, the new boss needs to get the best out of what we currently have as well

Yup, this.....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Tony spends big in January, which I believe he will, we'll have to get enough decent players in so that if there's any embago on us for breaking FFP down the line, then we have the players in up front.

Of course with the 10 million for Leo and Buckley, then we possibly have a lot of FFP spending still available.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know whether Tony will spend big in January or not. While Sami was here, I thought he would, to give Sami a(nother) chance. The new man might just be expected to make the most of what he's got for this season, hopefully pulling away from the relegation zone, and then rebuild in the summer.

The real problem, IMHO, will not so much lie in getting new players in as getting rid of those that we don't want.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I don't know whether Tony will spend big in January or not. While Sami was here, I thought he would, to give Sami a(nother) chance. The new man might just be expected to make the most of what he's got for this season, hopefully pulling away from the relegation zone, and then rebuild in the summer.

The real problem, IMHO, will not so much lie in getting new players in as getting rid of those that we don't want.

Can't see how he can sell the job with that line. "Hyppia would have had money to spend but you're not, keep us up with the same squad who have got us into the bottom 3, you can have money to spend in the summer if you do so". Who is going to come here with no money to spend and half the team loanees, with the team 4 points from safety ?

Can't see how he can sell the job with that line. "Hyppia would have had money to spend but you're not, keep us up with the same squad who have got us into the bottom 3, you can have money to spend in the summer if you do so". Who is going to come here with no money to spend and half the team loanees, with the team 4 points from safety ?

Nathan Jones.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here