Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"You're not a real fan unless..."

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Was pissed in the pub last night and conversing with fellow Albion fans. We were reminiscing on earlier Albion supporting days (most of us early 20s, I hasten to add) and got thinking about pointless knowledge that you would expect other Albion supporters to know before they can be considered 'real' fans. Before the bed wetting brigade jump on this, it was all tongue in cheek and I'm not suggesting that if you don't know Federico Turienzo then you aren't really a supporter.

But back on topic, what would you expect to bring up in an Albion related conversation and not be stared at like a loon? Scott McGleish and the 'Withdean screamer' were a couple that featured last night.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You are not a real fan until you have been to sunderland in the wind and rain and freezing wind and been chased away from the ground by fecking big skinheads wanting to kill you.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I would expect them to know that Gus used the "f" word on Madeira Drive, Brighton whilst singing the immortal song "We're f****** brilliant in front of hordes of Seagull fans after we had destroyed League One!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you all hate Bellotti clap your hands.....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You are not a real fan until you have been to sunderland in the wind and rain and freezing wind and been chased away from the ground by fecking big skinheads wanting to kill you.

That's a "nearly" then. :down:

Saw us lose at Sunderland in the 90s to a blatantly offside goal, having stood in the open corner at Roker Park while the North Sea threw everything it could at us for 2 hours. About 100 BHA there but I can only remember my group, the regular coach boys and Atilla. We didn't get chased after though, it was too wet for that sort of thing. Instead we went to a local Co Op where I bought a 12 pack of beer for the stupidly long train trip home.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I fought the French on the beaches in the 15th century... Up the lower town fishermen of Brighthelmstone..

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
...you spend £50 in the club shop tomorrow to give the club sufficient funds to spend recruiting players in January.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
... you respond to the questions of your position/different opinions/philosophies/attitudes/ of other fans by patronisingly dismissing them with references to incontinence.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
You've attended at least one midweek away day anywhere further then Birmingham!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You saw Gerry Ryan's debut at Stoke

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The correct response to