Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Albion will target Chris Hughton to be their new manager if they cannot land Tony Pulis'

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I'm not sure about Hughton. He did really well at Newcastle. Took them up (obviously with a very large budget) and then stabilised them in the Premier League and I think was unlucky to be sacked. He also did well at Birmingham to get them to the play offs after relegation. At Norwich, he kept them up for a couple of years but even then Norwich fans I know didn't rate him. Then he spent loads of money on Van Wolfswinkel, among others, and had a terrible season.

On the plus side, he has Championship experience and must have quite a lot of contacts, which is what I think we need. However, he wouldn't be my top choice.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure about Hughton. He did really well at Newcastle. Took them up (obviously with a very large budget) and then stabilised them in the Premier League and I think was unlucky to be sacked. He also did well at Birmingham to get them to the play offs after relegation. At Norwich, he kept them up for a couple of years but even then Norwich fans I know didn't rate him. Then he spent loads of money on Van Wolfswinkel, among others, and had a terrible season.

On the plus side, he has Championship experience and must have quite a lot of contacts, which is what I think we need. However, he wouldn't be my top choice.

Looks like it's a case of 'needs must'.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Pulis wants his own team and of have control over football matters. Exactly what our board will not give him. Hughton would be a poor appointment imo but fits the nodding dog criteria. I want Sherwood please.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Right now I couldn't a flying f*** who it is, or the style of football they play. Just get us moving upwards again please.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Pulis wants his own team and of have control over football matters. Exactly what our board will not give him. Hughton would be a poor appointment imo but fits the nodding dog criteria. I want Sherwood please.

Not sure that's true now. I would have agreed with you before Burke went but I think he's gone for exactly that reason. We really need an experienced manager and they will want control. Burke's departure means they will have that.

Sherwood is an interesting one. He's got no experience of this situation and may go badly wrong. At the start of the season, he would have been a much more interesting option than now when we're battling against relegation.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Based on just my own personal opinion and nothing to do with football neither thanks, I don't like Pulis based on wearing baseball caps, & I just don't like Hughton based purely on I just think he sounds boring and uninspiring. There you go honestly sometimes people just don't like other people and will instantly take a disliking to them and very rarely can you be persuaded otherwise and on both counts I can't see me changing my opinion, but hey who cares what I think.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hughton would be a terrible appointment please no, Bloom don't subject us to more turgid football from this passionless dullard.

I might have to start on the Hughton out banners for tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here