Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fan complains about homophobic Dwight Gayle mug...

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
This made me laugh out loud! Good old Chrystal’ Palace! (Apologies if fixtures)

A CRYSTAL Palace fan has complained to the club after the word ‘gay’ was starred out in Dwight Gayle’s name on an official mug.

Eagles supporter Amanda Hollidge posted a photo of the mug on Twitter in which the first part of striker Gayle’s surname appears to have been censored.

She posted: “disgusted!! Was for someone's Xmas present, I'm gay and I think it's disgusting!!”

Many fans have put the incident down to a mistake although a number of fans criticised the club shop’s quality control procedures.

Ms Hollidge has since deleted the photo after receiving abuse on Twitter.

The club has since apologised to Ms Hollidge on Twitter and asked her to email the club shop to organise a replacement.

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...tory-25755884-detail/story.html#ixzz3Mpqdk2Iu

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely there's not GAY palace fans?!!!?! Noooooo!!!!! This ruins it for so many of their little kids who give it the homophobic shit on the Internet and then cry when the police turn up at their school :lol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This made me laugh out loud! Good old Chrystal’ Palace! (Apologies if fixtures)

A CRYSTAL Palace fan has complained to the club after the word ‘gay’ was starred out in Dwight Gayle’s name on an official mug.

Eagles supporter Amanda Hollidge posted a photo of the mug on Twitter in which the first part of striker Gayle’s surname appears to have been censored.

She posted: “disgusted!! Was for someone's Xmas present, I'm gay and I think it's disgusting!!”

Many fans have put the incident down to a mistake although a number of fans criticised the club shop’s quality control procedures.

Ms Hollidge has since deleted the photo after receiving abuse on Twitter.

The club has since apologised to Ms Hollidge on Twitter and asked her to email the club shop to organise a replacement.

Read more: http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...tory-25755884-detail/story.html#ixzz3Mpqdk2Iu

Spare a thought for Scunthorpe United fans ???
i_love_scunthorpe_united_fc_mug.jpg

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
No news story. Brighton fans are always complaining about their mugs, who usually cost anywhere in the region of £2-5m

Well your local paper clearly thought it was worth printing!

Also, if you're going to make clever comments, you might want to bear in mind we've only ever bought two players for the figure and one we sold on for £8 million!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
No news story. Brighton fans are always complaining about their mugs, who usually cost anywhere in the region of £2-5m

That's actually quite funny. Now leave that turkey-it's playing for you tomorrow.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here