Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I don't think Oscar/Sami were the problems

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I honestly feel like the managers weren't the problem, I genuinely felt sad/bad when Sami resigned as there was/is serious problems in the backroom staff.
Oscar left for no real reason clear to us and then became manager of Watford like a month later...

You think Oscar/Sami wanted Chris O'Grady and Toko or Garder/Holla? We didn't need a new manager, we needed new backroom staff

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With respect I think you are papering over more than a whole wall full of cracks in ignoring Hyypia's tactical decision making. Behind the scenes was/is only part of the problem.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
When did anyone ever suggest that Oscar was a problem?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Signings have been poor, but Hyppia lost the dressing room and demonstrated he was tactically inept. We have a top half of the table squad if managed correctly!

Something being too much ignored this evening I feel.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I honestly feel like the managers weren't the problem, I genuinely felt sad/bad when Sami resigned as there was/is serious problems in the backroom staff.
Oscar left for no real reason clear to us and then became manager of Watford like a month later...

You think Oscar/Sami wanted Chris O'Grady and Toko or Garder/Holla? We didn't need a new manager, we needed new backroom staff

Do you think the backroom staff really wanted them though? They are basically unknowns who on paper have played at a Championship-ish level abroad. I can't believe anyone thinks that the recruitment staff actively preferred them over proven domestic options, but the fact was that they were cheaper. The backroom staff were trying to create a squad with the budget they had and it required gambles. Which perhaps better scouting and recruitment could have prevented, but I can't believe the likes of Burke were deliberately being stingy with signings, knowing their own reputations and jobs were on the line.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It was obvious when Gus wanted to leave that it was because of the set up, hence his firm statement that it would all come crumbling down.

It's more concerning it's taken this long for people to realise this and that OG also left for the same reasons.

Anyway, merry Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here