Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To absent friends

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
A little festive toast to those NSCers, and friends and family of NSCers who we've lost this year (and all who sail or have sailed on the good ship Albion).

Charge your glasses, ladies & gentlemen, and let's raise one for the likes of Tony, Steve, and anybody else you want to add to the list. Merry Christmas, guys, wherever you are.

:whisky:

(*no, I haven't been drinking, it's just been the kind of week that's left me feeling a bit reflective).

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lovely stuff there Edna. Merry Christmas to one & all.

ps Extra special thoughts to those who have lost loved ones & friends this year. I'm still mourning my Father's passing last month & will be raising a glass of bubbles to him tomorrow. Thanks for the Monday footie chats Dad, I'll always miss them - & indeed your love & support.

#badfanhavinganextendedbreak

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

ps Extra special thoughts to those who have lost loved ones & friends this year. I'm still mourning my Father's passing last month & will be raising a glass of bubbles to him tomorrow. Thanks for the Monday footie chats Dad, I'll always miss them - & indeed your love & support.

Sorry to hear of your sad loss mate. Take care.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Some good Posters went this year also. Merry Christmas all

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It's been an absolute horror show in terms of the number of friends I've lost or close people of friends. Here's to their memories and to a much, much better 2015.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Personally it's been a bit crap for that kind of thing this year. The father in law a month ago, and my old man who some of you knew, Tony Langridge or Woodingdean Gull, back in August.
Hard time of year.
To all that have lost, I hope you make the best you can at this time year.
Merry Christmas.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Could have been a truly awful year for me, my three closest friends that i have known for over forty years, all had heart attacks within six months this year. Thankfully they all survived. My deepest sympathy goes out to anyone who hasn't been so lucky.
Merry Christmas

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I've suffered no losses personally but my thoughts do go out to those who have. Keep strong, we're all behind you.

On the 26th I will be taking a moment to remember the countless lives lost, and the many more affected by the Boxing Day Tsunami. An often overlooked tragedy, the scale of which I still struggle to comprehend ten years on.

Merry Christmas to one and all. God bless.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Many thanks Edna, a most poignant time of year for me to remember my Father,a true Brightonian, passed away too early in April this year. Will be sorely missed. My thoughts go out to all who have lost loved ones this year.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Doug, been a long time gone mate
can you sort it out up there, you are sadly missed

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11

Oh, sorry to hear that Twinks, missed you this season. Not seeing you in't North, I hadn't realised your OM was poorly. Mine at last seems to have slightly lifted from his gloom, though he's still driving Mum mad doing his best impression of a Trappist monk.

God Bless you anyway and have a Merry Christmas, and RIP your old man. Hope to catch up with you one day xx

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've lost two friends and my grandmother this year so it's been a little odd. Tomorrow will be more about my mother having her first christmas without her mum around than anything.

Thinking of all those who will be without loved ones tomorrow.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
God bless tony and the Langridge family at this time. Most people on here knew tony as a fantastic guy and a staunch albion fan of many many years.

Sorry to hear your news twinkle. It's been a while since I last saw you...hope you are ok.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Neil - a Burnley fan who gave me the perfect excuse to go up North to follow the Albion. Top man. Up the Clarets mate.

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Dave (Jock) Clark.
Ex Varndean,Waggon,West Street,LONGHEAD.
A great guy and sadly missed.
I'll be having a wee dram to you mate.
RIP mate.[/QUOTE

Yes RIP mate,was talking about you tonight Clarky son, with a very close friend of ours, not sorry to say,that we did have a chuckle about a couple of the stories that came up. Also thinking about my lad, who like you was also taken away to soon. Perhaps one to many for me tonight!, but i honestly know you will keep an eye on him for me Dave.
I love you both so much and you will both never be forgotten.Xxx

Jimmy Grimble

Nice thread.

Clarky would've been out with the boys over Christmas living it up as he always did, no doubt. Sorely missed.

Sorry to hear about your loss [MENTION=11828]Twinkle Toes[/MENTION]. Missed your posts on here and missed seeing your face at Albion games.

A reminder to anyone that needs it - do call or text friends who have lost someone recently or this year. It's easy to think you don't need to, but it can make a hell of a difference just letting someone know you're thinking of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here