Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's working Christmas Day/Boxing Day?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
There must be a few shift workers on here leaving off the turkey & sprouts and heading for the office? Maybe that's why Hyypia left: fancied a few drinks over the festive period.

Are the players training on Christmas Day,or are they allowed the day off and told to behave?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think the usual routine on Christmas Day, is to let the players have the morning with their families, and then train/travel depending on the fixture.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Taxi driver .. Working all day 12 twelve jobs wife working all through tonight at children's home so sleeping all day tomorrow , will have Boxing Day off though have already turned down two Gatwick jobs for that day

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Mrs P back to work Boxing Day. More depressingly for her though is she starts 3 night shifts at 9pm NYE.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
J
There must be a few shift workers on here leaving off the turkey & sprouts and heading for the office? Maybe that's why Hyypia left: fancied a few drinks over the festive period.

Are the players training on Christmas Day,or are they allowed the day off and told to behave?

Are you working?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
What do you do? :ohmy:

Controlled demolition using these, amongst other things;

Brokk 400(2).jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
J

Are you working?

Yeah, at 6am :)

Managed to persuade some kind soul to do my Boxing Day shift though, so I could attend to, er, more important duties :albion:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Jnr. Skipper has a Gap year Job as a Ward Healthcare Assistant in a Hospital 30 miles away. He hasn't yet passed his driving test.
He's doing his early shift today by the usual one and a half hour train journey. Tomorrow is a shift starting at 2.00 pm. and ending at 10.00 pm. Boxing day, back to the 7.30 am start. They don't get fabulous money, they get days off in lieu.
So I will be driving up and down to Lymington throughout Christmas so that he can do his job. I have a Christmas meal to cook for both of us but with those shifts it looks like Saturday or Sunday before we can sit down to eat it at a reasonable time.
We would normally be eating Christmas Dinner at my Sisters in Woodingdean with about 10 to 15 other members of our family and then Brighton at home for a change. :( Merry Christmas every one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Jnr. Skipper has a Gap year Job as a Ward Healthcare Assistant in a Hospital 30 miles away. He hasn't yet passed his driving test.
He's doing his early shift today by the usual one and a half hour train journey. Tomorrow is a shift starting at 2.00 pm. and ending at 10.00 pm. Boxing day, back to the 7.30 am start. They don't get fabulous money, they get days off in lieu.
So I will be driving up and down to Lymington throughout Christmas so that he can do his job. I have a Christmas meal to cook for both of us but with those shifts it looks like Saturday or Sunday before we can sit down to eat it at a reasonable time.
We would normally be eating Christmas Dinner at my Sisters in Woodingdean with about 10 to 15 other members of our family and then Brighton at home for a change. :( Merry Christmas every one.

I met a young lad yesterday who said he's doing a double shift on Christmas Day as a care assistant in a nursing home. Said he loves the job (and admittedly gets paid better on Christmas Day, so it's worth his while). Absolute credit to his family, how good to see a young guy so dedicated and caring. Full of admiration for people who do that job (and nursing), as it's never very well paid, and it's not one a lot of people would want to do.

Good luck with the hospital runs, Skipper :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here