Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones: "We have been a perennial play-off team"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reading the Boxing Day rallying cry from Nathan Jones this morning, i was prompted to look up 'perennial'.

Perennial: lasting or existing for a long or apparently infinite time; enduring or continually recurring.

He's over-egging it a bit there, I feel.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
We have reached the play offs four times in 27 years, the year they were introduced in the Football League. That equates to an average appearance every 6.75 years.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Jones must know he has to do something radical to stand a chance of getting the job. I think he has to play a system and possibly cull a few shoe in players.Then hope it pays off. He has to show he is his own man with his own ideas. The only people who can get Jones this job is the players. We will soon see on Boxing Day if the players want to do it for him or not. Cut back on the loans,possibly only both Bennetts and Bent.Get Ince in the middle with Holla and go 4-4-2 would show some intent and that he is his own man.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
oh gawd.....perhaps Bruno can use his wealth of experience to help out for this game , seeing as he'll be sat on his arse like.....is he even allowed to be in the dug-out...???

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Having reached the playoffs in the last 2 seasons it could be argued we are on a perennial run. If Jones keeps that going we may change our mind about him.

I'll get my coat.

PG

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Jones must know he has to do something radical to stand a chance of getting the job. I think he has to play a system and possibly cull a few shoe in players.Then hope it pays off. He has to show he is his own man with his own ideas. The only people who can get Jones this job is the players. We will soon see on Boxing Day if the players want to do it for him or not. Cut back on the loans,possibly only both Bennetts and Bent.Get Ince in the middle with Holla and go 4-4-2 would show some intent and that he is his own man.

Has he ever said that he wants to be manager as not sure I have ever read that anywhere. Perhaps he is happy being a number 2. ( No joke intended ! )

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The task for Nathan Jones is easily defined :

Get 2 wins from Reading and Fulham, to give the new man a fighting chance of avoiding relegation.

Happy Christmas, and Good Luck to Nathan Jones !

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not sure how 'Perennial' our Nathan's position is but I'm happy to give the team my full support with him in charge.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Having reached the playoffs in the last 2 seasons it could be argued we are on a perennial run. If Jones keeps that going we may change our mind about him.

I'll get my coat.

PG

Without doubt we seem to have got that failing at the Play Offs Monkey off our backs this season!

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Good to see somebody getting into things and saying something to help discussion.

He is pretty right though. Most see Brighton as a play off chasing team !! and we have been top half for three seasons before this one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Many have suggested it but I do not think he will immediately switch to an orthodox 4-4-2. I am certain it will be similar to what we have had but more emphasis on keeping a clean sheet and getting forward quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here