Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fred Hantz: dark horse

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Formerly coached FC Sochaux who had a playing career before coaching. On 18 December named as new Head Coach by Le Havre AC and was after the end of his contract on 30 June 2010 released. On 20 May 2010 the 43-year old French head coach replaced Faruk Hadzibegic as SEC Bastia coach."

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
and his experience of the highly physical, quick paced hurly burly of the Championship and players who can thrive in such an environment and his successful track record of getting teams from the Championship into the Premier League?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is he the one interviewed in the summer?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
clearly he has no championship experience but did take Bastia from league 3 to league 1 on a very limited budget

possibly the runner up to Hyypia in the last round of interviews for the job in the summer

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Yes, he was interviewed for the job in the summer and I understand he came very close to landing the job. Our previous managerial appointments have been somewhat 'left-field' in Garcia and Hyypia and, if we weren't in the situation we find ourselves in, I would suspect the board would go down a similar route and appoint some of the Patrick Kluivert mould, who is reportedly looking for a managerial role having assisted Holland at the World Cup. However, given our position, it's has to be for me, someone who has managed in the division or at least on these shores. The Championship is possibly the most unpredictable division in Europe, if not the world.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Was highlighted as a serious candidate in the summer. I never understood why -but I think there were some good posts about him then that highlighted his qualities.

Seems even less appealing to me now.

On the other hand, with our difficult end of season fixture list and current position, we are in a big enough hole that Bloom may want to appoint a new manager who would stay and build us back up even if we go down. I can't see Pulis or Sherwood managing in league 1!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For the sake of NSC, the boy Fred Hands has to be the new boss.

If the 'Tried and Tested English Championship manager' posse get their way NSC will be tumbleweedtastic.

Imagine not having anything to moan about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the other hand, with our difficult end of season fixture list and current position,
Surely being third from bottom means the 'end of season fixture list' would look difficult no matter who we were playing.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Hardly a dark horse when he was reported as almost being offered the job back in july

Yes, but the going has changed from good to heavy since July. Horses for courses and all that. We are deep in it and whilst he may have been worth a punt in July, he's very much an untested outsider now which is what we don't want in our situation. Would be a highly risky gamble at present.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
http://www.ladepeche.fr/article/2014/06/16/1901319-j-aimerai-coacher-en-angleterre.html

It was between Hantz and Hyppia........

Google translation of above article...

The football coach Frederic Hantz was yesterday on his land Aveyron Onet after celebrating his 20th wedding anniversary a few hours earlier. Smiling, relaxed, available, he reversed his four years at the head of the team of Bastia he led National L1.
You have surprised many people when you signed for Bastia then National. You said never want to manage a club with a strong history?
Yes, because I was afraid and I still fear the constant reminder with the exploits of the past. When I arrived in Bastia, the club was far from National comparisons with its glorious history. I knew the L2 and L1 to be trained and I had to follow a National Rodez season. I knew where I was getting into and commen t quickly get results. My leaders have trusted me. I have worked with them. We went back in L1 in continuity.

And you have taken the decision to leave Bastia?

Yes, it was hard and I'm going to mourn. I have always worked with the emotional with my clubs, my players, my staff. I work giving a lot even with this new generation of footballers that are said individualists. If you take the time to address them with a message that they understand, they can blend into a collective. It's an investment that I do not want to overlook, but that involves a mad energy. Today, I need a break as Gillot (eg Bordeaux) or Guard (ex Lyon). I feel this need to log off to recharge the batteries. I will go abroad to follow the games, see workouts, project myself into the future.

One can imagine Frédéric Hantz finding work during the winter transfer window?

No, because it is 9 times out of 10 a complex situation. I experienced this in Le Havre. This does not captivates me.

While looking for a TV channel?

Story to follow the matches, preparing a pointed manner before taking the antenna, the challenge is interesting because it has an equivalent technical approach to that developed before a meeting.

What can we regain the championship you?

I almost from Brighton, England there a few days but I was beaten in the final by Samy Hypia
. Reims knocked on my door. I went to Champagne, this does not happen. I would like to coach in England. This country, its way of living football captivate me. I have also been in training at Everton with David Moyses when I prepared my coaching diploma.

And France?

I want to stay in L1. It's not pretentious. I have 48 years experience, I wish to use it for high-level challenges. I know what I want to do.

What do you think of L1 championship?

There are 5 formations above the other, PSG, Monaco, Lille, Marseille and Saint-Etienne, others fight for the remaining places.

Your successor in Bastia, Claude Makelele begins on coach bench. What about you?

I wish him the best as well as Bastia club that will remain in my heart. I would have been funny if I had signed at Reims, to find myself playing against Bastia ... Going back to Claude Makelele, I will not comment on his work nor his team, because I would like to not that we do that to me.

What will you do the next day?

I relax in Aveyron, enjoy nature. I intend also to enjoy Corsica this summer, go for a walk in the Island, enjoy its beauty, so many things that I could do during my four years at Bastia. Then, in January, I will launch myself to other football adventures in England in the USA or elsewhere.

You give the kickoff of the final of the U-13 tournament Onet?

Yes, I am proud and I admire the work of volunteers involved in this event.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here