Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
calde-l-1229-2161613_478x359.jpg

Inigo Calderon
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:52 24th December 2014
by Adam Tighe
First of all I would like to say thanks to Sami on behalf of the players and myself because I think he was a top man and a good guy"
Inigo Calderon

Inigo Calderon wants the Boxing Day game against Reading to be the start of Brighton & Hove Albion’s resurgence after a turbulent week that saw manager Sami Hyypia resign from his position.Calderon has urged everyone to fully focus on the festive fixture with the Royals and is hoping for a positive response on Friday at the Amex.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Boxing Day is a special day and hopefully we can start to change. There will be a lot of fans there and we need them, but I also know we have to do something for them.
“If we start well they will be with us and hopefully it will be a good day, then we can remember that Boxing Day was the game when we started over again.
“On Friday it is a final; sometimes when you have a change it can be a positive because people that weren’t involved as much have a chance to show they can play.
“When you have a change you look for a reaction from the players and we have to train well today and on Christmas Day, and be ready for Friday because we need the three points.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Meanwhile, the Spaniard paid tribute to Hyypia and admitted that the players recognise their part in the team’s current situation.“First of all I would like to say thanks to Sami on behalf of the players and myself because I think he was a top man and a good guy.*
“He tried to do the best for us but football is football, we know how it is and if the results are not there with the team the rope always breaks at the same place. We have to take responsibility because as players as we are a big part of everything.
“He decided to leave which is a really bad thing for us because it means we are doing something wrong. A manager doesn’t leave a place if he is happy, doing well and the team is performing and getting results.
“It was a big surprise yesterday; we knew maybe two or three weeks ago it could happen but everything was calmer because the chairman said he was the perfect guy for us, we played well at Wolves and we were really close to getting the three points.
“I didn’t expect that yesterday but he decided that the best thing for team was to leave and that shows how good a person he is.
“We need to keep fighting, as he did all the time, and try to move forward.* We just have to think about Friday and nothing else. Just Friday, Friday, Friday.”*
[h=3]ALBION V READING[/h] friday 26th december, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v BRENTFORD
[/h] SATURDAY 17TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v IPSWICH
[/h] SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here