Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the illegal parkers on this forum. Driver beats the tow squad!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Birmingham mail has the best stories today. :lol:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-defiant-driver-sits-car-8336801#rlabs=2

The driver who sat in his car on the back of a tow-truck for more than EIGHT HOURS has won his marathon battle.

Matthew Sanders, 34, from Macclesfield, Cheshire sparked massive debate with his one-man protest on Tuesday.

The double-glazing salesman had illegally parked in a disabled bay on Bennetts Hill in Birmingham City Centre.

more on link....

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
No mention of the final outcome, did he have to pay a penalty for his parking and to get his car released.

Car released without charge as Tow Squad broke several regulations, parking fine still stands, which he accepts and will pay as he was illegally parked.

Driver now going to sue Birmingham City Council. I guess the lawyers are going to get rich!

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Car released without charge as Tow Squad broke several regulations, parking fine still stands, which he accepts and will pay as he was illegally parked.
He wasn't 'illegally parked' because this isn't about a criminal offence, it's civil parking enforcement.

Are there illegal parkers on here then?

Not me, if that's what the OP was thinking (me and Westdene Seagull, because we help people appeal & win any PCN case?). There is nothing 'illegal' about getting a private or a Council PCN.

Having said that, none of the regular posters who help on parking ticket forums would condone a bloke with no disability, parking in a disabled bay, unless he was collecting a disabled person but it seems he wasn't. But (despite the fact no-one would condone where he parked) he was right - as a general rule - to sit in the car because it cannot be towed with someone in it.

He was wrong to park where he did and stupid if he though there was a long grace period before a car could be towed. Basically, an idiot but he at least avoided the tow/release fee.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
No such thing as 'illegal parking' with a Council PCN, except in a few places in the back of beyond where the odd Council still operates criminalised parking offences.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No such thing as 'illegal parking' with a Council PCN, except in a few places in the back of beyond where the odd Council still operates criminalised parking offences.

If it is a council controlled and run car park as opposed to Tesco or Asda or whateever is it not in order for the council traffic warden to issue a PCN. The multi story at The Martlets Burgess Hill is patrolled by council staff and they issue a council PCN. Most in Worthing are operated by NCP on behalf of the council and do likewise.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Yes, nothing to stop them issuing a PCN - but it doesn't make it necessarily payable, of course, nor justified half the time. Neither is it 'illegal' to park in contravention of a traffic order. It's merely a civil charge because almost all Council s now operate 'decriminalised' parking. Not 'illegal'.

Parking on red routes, or on the zig zag markings next to pedestrian crossings, or on the road markings outside school entrances are still "criminal" offences that are enforced by the police and magistrates courts. As is illegal parking on clearways ( for example, the A27 at Falmer).

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

Driver now going to sue Birmingham City Council. I guess the lawyers are going to get rich!

Yet another utter nonsense story about how pathetic the law of the land allows bullshit legal arguments to run out of control even when the grand scheme of the argument is that this person was parked illegally!
Again wanker solicitors are making up lies to try and drag it out or get away with anything they can by playing the system.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Yet another utter nonsense story about how pathetic the law of the land allows bullshit legal arguments to run out of control even when the grand scheme of the argument is that this person was parked illegally!
Again wanker solicitors are making up lies to try and drag it out or get away with anything they can by playing the system.

Agreed! But some on here would pretend that 'illegality' is not applicable when you are a road user parking against the law of the land. :lol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Laziness caused this moron to waste eight hours of his life, I have to make a lot of deliveries for my business and the loading bays are always full up with tossers like this fella. Park correctly and you don't get any of this hassle its not rocket science.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I don't really give a toss whether the parking ticket is criminal or not; what I care about is that some gormless tosser not only thinks its ok to park in a disabled bay, but thinks it's ok to stay there all day.
Contemptible scum (IMO like)

el punal

Here's a thought. So matey boy parks in a disabled bay (**** - in my opinion) and thinks he'll get away with. He doesn't and gets a penalty notice with the double whammy of a recovery vehicle about to take his pride and joy away.

HE decides that he is going to be the Everyman hero and sit in his car for eight hours so that removal is impossible. So wouldn't it have been hilarious (on the basis that the car was secured for removal) if the recovery staff thought 'sod it' and just left everything and went home for Christmas. I wonder if our hero would still be sat there now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here