Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas crackers do you have them?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Saw a report about a company who manufactures Christmas crackers all year round to meet demand.

Are they an important part of your Christmas dinner?

We have had the same box for years, each year they come out of the loft with the decorations and every year we forget to put them on the table for dinner and back to the loft they go.

Just don't seem important in our household.

Are they to you?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Have them every year on the dinner table without fail. Adds to the Christmas spirit and they are a bit of fun especially for the kids.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Had to get "over 25"approval in Tescos to buy mine, they must have a hell of a crack in them

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Or just crack.

Crackers have always been a big part of Christmas lunch from when I was a wee nipper through to today.

I have got the Royal Navy Bomb Disposal team on stand-by, so don't worry if there is a series of loud explosions from the Worthing area, everything is under control.

goldstone68

Aug 31, 2014
darkside
Yes we always have crackers, because at my age its the only thing I can pull these days:laugh: I also take the jokes out and replace them with my pay slips they get better laughs than the jokes:lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
Saw a report about a company who manufactures Christmas crackers all year round to meet demand.

Are they an important part of your Christmas dinner?

We have had the same box for years, each year they come out of the loft with the decorations and every year we forget to put them on the table for dinner and back to the loft they go.

Just don't seem important in our household.

Are they to you?
I like eating a christmas cracker???
regards
DR

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You can buy Christmas crackers from Harrods at the cost of £4m they include gifts of speed boats and Ferrari's. Whoever has brought a box I want to go to that house for Christmas dinner.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Be generous, people. Somebody has to keep the manufacturers of miniature screwdriver sets and plastic cuff links in business.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Be generous, people. Somebody has to keep the manufacturers of miniature screwdriver sets and plastic cuff links in business.

Not to mention TINY packs of playing cards

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Not to mention TINY packs of playing cards

And those plastic "fortune telling" fish things. And easily-broken nail clippers.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
And those plastic "fortune telling" fish things. And easily-broken nail clippers.

Oh and those two intertwined pieces of metal which are "impossible" to separate. And a sliding picture puzzle.

Have we covered everything now?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh and those two intertwined pieces of metal which are "impossible" to separate.

As ever with these things, it's all in the wrist and a well-timed twist.

Armed with this knowledge you will be able to amaze and delight your family* who will be all but begging for you to reveal just how you did it.

(* - those under the age of 6 anyway)

Love a Christmas Cracker me.

There must be a technique to them, I haven't "won" a cracker for nearly 10 years*

*This a true and interesting FACT.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Oh and those two intertwined pieces of metal which are "impossible" to separate. And a sliding picture puzzle.

Plastic spinning discs with numbers on. I received one of those last Friday and kept it spinning on the table for over two minutes.

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003

Hmmm: we could possibly include a mini protractor, a pocket sized tape measure, and a hilarious plastic comedy moustache, guaranteed to provide delighted laughter from all around the table.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
You can buy Christmas crackers from Harrods at the cost of £4m they include gifts of speed boats and Ferrari's. Whoever has brought a box I want to go to that house for Christmas dinner.

You are very welcome. We will be eating around 3 p.m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here