Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aston Villa fans 'scream' for kids (Man U fans!) to be kicked out of Villa Park

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/aston-villa-stewards-kick-out-8335420

:lol:

A Christmas treat ended in tears for two Midland schoolboys – when they were thrown out of Villa Park for celebrating a Manchester United goal.

Isaac Thompson, seven and his brother James, nine, were sitting among home fans when they jumped up to celebrate Radamel Falcao’s equaliser on Saturday.

Their dad Laurie, who also celebrated the goal, said two women Aston Villa supporters “screamed” for the family to be booted out.

Stewards moved in and they were kicked out, leaving the boys in floods of tears.

Laurie, who lives in Bromsgrove, had paid £57 for the tickets and said he was “disgusted”.

He said: “One woman jumped up and scowled and screamed ‘get them out of here’.

“Another woman screamed the same thing.

“I said ‘sorry’ in recognition of the fact we were in their end.

“Everyone else around us was fine.

“But I could see the stewards coming down the stairs and one said ‘you’re going to have to leave the ground’.

“I said ‘come on mate’ and my seven-year-old burst into tears saying ‘I don’t know what’s going on’ and then my nine-year-old burst into tears.

“The vast majority of the Villa fans around were saying ‘guys, don’t be stupid’ to the stewards.

“I was telling them ‘I’m sorry, we’ll sit on our hands - please accept our apologies’.

“But they insisted on taking us out of the ground.”

more on link........

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the problem with plastic fans is they dont understand the etiquette.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Good, little shits deserved hope it ruined christmas for them as well.

Feb 14, 2010
The people shouldnt have made a fuss to get them thrown out but kids of 8 and 9 shouldnt be bursting into tears either. Why do parents think that their children crying in public is acceptable and that the world should revolve around their children? It didnt when I was a kid.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I can see both sides of the argument. At the end of the day they took the risk by going into the wrong end.You win some and you lose some. Happened to me a few times. Occasionally i was booted out and others not.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My sons football team organised a trip to Villa Park for that match, the little sods are all Liverpool and Manchester United fans. I assume that they were in the home seats.

We of course were at a different midlands ground following our team.

:bhasign:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Should've countered with a claim the women called them gay..........that would've given the stewards a problem. :lolol:
I watched Albion on Saturday from the home end and had a great laugh with their fans - no problems at all which is as it should be.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The father is a plastic fan of the highest order, lives in the Midlands where there is a big choice of teams to follow but supports Man United.
Harsh lesson learned for the kids but tough, they should support a local team.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Utterly pathetic behaviour from adults. Bad enough for the kids they are going to go through life being Man u fans but who the **** in their right mind screams for children to be thrown out of a football match?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm going to Villa Park over the Christmas period, to see the Sunderland match. In protest, I'll ask a few other Albion fans I know if there is a Manchester United top I can borrow....

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
The father is a plastic fan of the highest order, lives in the Midlands where there is a big choice of teams to follow but supports Man United.
Harsh lesson learned for the kids but tough, they should support a local team.

I live in the Midlands and have season ticket for the Albion does this make me a plastic?

Not sure where you live makes you a plastic more where your roots are, mine are in the south and not the Midlands I am sure I would have been a Villa fan if born in these parts.

Now of course the buying of half and half scarves marks this chap out as a total **** and gets all he deserves!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I live in the Midlands and have season ticket for the Albion does this make me a plastic?

Not sure where you live makes you a plastic more where your roots are, mine are in the south and not the Midlands I am sure I would have been a Villa fan if born in these parts.

Now of course the buying of half and half scarves marks this chap out as a total **** and gets all he deserves!

Of course supporting the Albion doesn't make you a plastic, you are not supporting a massive PL team.
What I meant is if I had a PL team like Villa on the doorstep I wouldnt be taking my sons to support Man Utd.

So you have got roots in the South so you support BHA, so again you are not a plastic.

Sorry I'm missing what point(s) you are making, apart from the scarves of course :thumbsup:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I had this when we played them in the cup, couldnt get tickets for the away end, so got home tickets, when Tommy equalised just before half time i jumped up and celebrated, but there were pockets of Albion fans around us doing the same, a couple of home fans tried to get us kicked out by was unsuccesful

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Of course supporting the Albion doesn't make you a plastic, you are not supporting a massive PL team.
What I meant is if I had a PL team like Villa on the doorstep I wouldnt be taking my sons to support Man Utd.

So you have got roots in the South so you support BHA, so again you are not a plastic.

Sorry I'm missing what point(s) you are making, apart from the scarves of course :thumbsup:
I would imagine the point was that we don't know where the father was from. He may be a Manc, in which case I think it's not plastic to bring his kids up supporting them. When I was in Liverpool I taught my kids all about the Albion, their history and bought them Brighton stuff. They could have been Liverpool fans, did that make them plastic Brighton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here