Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff fans to protest at Albion match

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Cardiff City fans announce major protest plans as they step up campaign to see club play in blue again
Cardiff supporters groups unite to reveal protest march ahead of Derby game and 'Blue Tuesday' call for Brighton match in New Yea

Cardiff City fans are to step up their back to blue campaign by staging two formal protests early in the new year.

Various supporters groups have united together to announce plans for a public march ahead of the January 31 Championship clash with Derby.

They will follow that with a ‘Blue Tuesday’ protest at the League game with Brighton 11 days on, where supporters are urging everyone to make Cardiff City Stadium a sea of blue.

The Brighton match has been handpicked because it will be the two-year anniversary of the night when the club handed out free red scarves. That 2013 game, coincidentally, was also against Brighton, when Malky Mackay’s Bluebirds lost 2-0.

A joint statement was released this afternoon by various supporters bodies to reveal the plans in the coming back to back home matches.

The groups involved include Cardiff City Supporters Trust, Cardiff City Supporters Club, Cardiff City Forum, Cardiff City Online, Bluebirds Unite and even Australian-based body Bluebirds Down Under.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-fans-announce-major-8339009

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Albion can play in pink...............Hmmmmmm!
just as long as they win as many as Diff

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Welsh Dragon is red as the Sussex Dragon is white.

It is not as though Cardiff have got a historic tradition to uphold.

I don't know why we have to play in the ghastly orange or even worse the red and black sometimes when blue (or all white) would do. It sounds like a con to sell shirts.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Funny how this becomes an issue now they are back in the Championship.

All the while they were blowing Tan's money getting up to the Premier League, they were pretty tight lipped.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

All the while they were blowing Tan's money getting up to the Premier League, they were pretty tight lipped.

To be fair, I saw quite a few of the free red scarves thrown onto the pitch by Cardiff fans at that game.

We're Brighton & Hove Albion and we play in blue.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Cardiff City fans announce major protest plans as they step up campaign to see club play in blue again
Cardiff supporters groups unite to reveal protest march ahead of Derby game and 'Blue Tuesday' call for Brighton match in New Yea

Cardiff City fans are to step up their back to blue campaign by staging two formal protests early in the new year.

Various supporters groups have united together to announce plans for a public march ahead of the January 31 Championship clash with Derby.

They will follow that with a ‘Blue Tuesday’ protest at the League game with Brighton 11 days on, where supporters are urging everyone to make Cardiff City Stadium a sea of blue.

The Brighton match has been handpicked because it will be the two-year anniversary of the night when the club handed out free red scarves. That 2013 game, coincidentally, was also against Brighton, when Malky Mackay’s Bluebirds lost 2-0.

A joint statement was released this afternoon by various supporters bodies to reveal the plans in the coming back to back home matches.

The groups involved include Cardiff City Supporters Trust, Cardiff City Supporters Club, Cardiff City Forum, Cardiff City Online, Bluebirds Unite and even Australian-based body Bluebirds Down Under.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-fans-announce-major-8339009

I was at that game and was frankly amazed at how many of their fans wore those free scarves. Shocking. I would like to think we wouldn't be so lame in a similar position.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was at that game and was frankly amazed at how many of their fans wore those free scarves. Shocking. I would like to think we wouldn't be so lame in a similar position.

You'd hope not, wouldn't you? Such a passive feeble response from them to gleefully accept the freebies.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
To be fair, I saw quite a few of the free red scarves thrown onto the pitch by Cardiff fans at that game.

There were also a number in our urinals enjoying a natural wash.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

In true Sami out banner style, the scarfs only rained down after we won.

So many of them were happy with their red scarfs and shirts, esp those on the left.
As for the pathetic 'protest', on the right, at the end, it was so half hearted it hardly seemed worth it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Welsh Dragon is red as the Sussex Dragon is white.

It is not as though Cardiff have got a historic tradition to uphold.

I don't know why we have to play in the ghastly orange or even worse the red and black sometimes when blue (or all white) would do. It sounds like a con to sell shirts.

Cardiff had been playing in blue for well over a hundred years before Tan rocked up. I'd say that was a reasonably historic tradition.

As for ourselves, I'm not convinced that a blue or an all white away kit would be overly practical.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
"came for the free scarfs, you only came for the free scarfs"

I too still have a scarf from then after the stewards thought they'd promote the new red of Cardiff in the away end :lolol: very odd

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
How would we feel if we switched to Red and White stripes, Sunderland kit? Admittedly I think red / dragons is far better branding than blue / bluebirds but then I don't know the history. Obviously we went from Dolphins to Seagulls but regardless seems like a one man mission to change something that is quite tribal / gang like, your teams colours. It will however take a monumental sustained protest to ever get this overturned. More likely if and when the owner sells up, then next owner scores an instance goal by switching back to blue.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How would we feel if we switched to Red and White stripes, Sunderland kit? Admittedly I think red / dragons is far better branding than blue / bluebirds but then I don't know the history. Obviously we went from Dolphins to Seagulls but regardless seems like a one man mission to change something that is quite tribal / gang like, your teams colours. It will however take a monumental sustained protest to ever get this overturned. More likely if and when the owner sells up, then next owner scores an instance goal by switching back to blue.
I think that's the point we're making.

It certainly seemed to those of us that went to 'free scarf night' there were plenty prepared to accept losing their identity just for a shot at the Premier League.

I (we'd) like to think that wouldn't be the case here, and the protests from ALL the fans would mean we'll never end up trying to overturn the decision, as it would never be made in the first place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here