Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pulis willing to talk to the albion

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11683886.Pulis_willing_to_talk_to_Albion/

by Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Tony Pulis is willing to listen to Albion if they want him to be their next manager.

Pulis, runaway leader of The Argus website poll as the readers' choice to replace Sami Hyypia, is currently involved in media work after quitting Crystal Palace in August.

Dorset-based Pulis, speaking on Talksport, said: "I don't want to be disrespectful to anybody. If anybody rings us then I'll talk to anybody and we'll work it out from there."

The cost of hiring Pulis could be prohibitive but a source close to the Welshman has told The Argus he is not ruling out the chance to develop a club at Championship level, rather than firefighting in the Premier League.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Dorset-based Pulis, speaking on Talksport, said: "I don't want to be disrespectful to anybody. If anybody rings us then I'll talk to anybody and we'll work it out from there."

So, in short, he'll answer the phone and have a chat but it doesn't mean he's interested.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Get Pulis down here on an 6 or 18 month contract.

Out of all the realistic candidates, he'd be the one that I'd be most confident in keeping us up, although I wouldn't want him here long term.

What makes you think you could dictate those terms to him, he is a wanted man.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11683886.Pulis_willing_to_talk_to_Albion/

by Andy Naylor, Chief sports reporter

Tony Pulis is willing to listen to Albion if they want him to be their next manager.

Pulis, runaway leader of The Argus website poll as the readers' choice to replace Sami Hyypia, is currently involved in media work after quitting Crystal Palace in August.

The cost of hiring Pulis could be prohibitive but a source close to the Welshman has told The Argus he is not ruling out the chance to develop a club at Championship level, rather than firefighting in the Premier League.

Last bit amused me - 'Rather than firefighting in the Premier League'! Firefighting in the Championship is more fun, is it?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
"I'm pretty sure they can't afford me, but they're welcome to make an offer that I will most likely laugh at, even before we clash horribly on transfer budgets"
I think his previous appointments prove that he's not all that picky.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
TB will NOT pay what Pulis would want.
There will be vacancies in the PL soon, why would he want to drop a division ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Complete and utter non-starter, I dunno why his name keeps getting circulated. Waste of time.

You might as well have a poll on getting Mourinho.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Complete and utter non-starter, I dunno why his name keeps getting circulated. Waste of time.

You might as well have a poll on getting Mourinho.

Yeah but Mourinho never went to Palarse did he...Suggests he's a bit less fussy than you think. However, still believe he goes to Leicester and we get an option on Pearson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh la de da, look at me.

'One does't have to apply for jobs, after all one is the legend that is Tony Pullis, and one will decide if you are worthy of my talents'.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Get Pulis down here on an 6 or 18 month contract.

Out of all the realistic candidates, he'd be the one that I'd be most confident in keeping us up, although I wouldn't want him here long term.

Keeping us up isn't the hard part its where we go on after/ if we stay up. Pulis no thanks.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
Yeah but Mourinho never went to Palarse did he...Suggests he's a bit less fussy than you think. However, still believe he goes to Leicester and we get an option on Pearson.

Oh yes, the job he took at Premier League Palace, keeping them in the division, winning a manager if the year award in the process, and resigning with his 'never relegated' record intact, and his stock at an all time high. Even if the Brighton job is equally as prestigious as the Palace job he took at the time (a view probably not particularly popular outside of....Brighton), it would appear by his departure from Palace that he considers himself destined for even better/more lucrative things.

Otherwise, I make you right

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here