Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drink Driving , light sentence tip

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From what he's said so far, it seems clear that he will ignore the driving ban anyway.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The drink-driver does have a point though. Vladimir Putin isn't without influence with the police. Before he became the Russian head of the KGB he was one of Starsky and Hutch's top informants.

2r2rvah.jpg

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
would have been 12 month Ban for refusing test if caught driving...this bloke was not actually caught driving.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
He was in the passenger seat, no witness was in court to say he drove the vehicle, therefore he was charged and pleaded guilty to the lesser charge of being in charge.

The mandatory ban for the lesser charge is minimum of 6 months ban.

The court got it right.

TB

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Isnt it being in charge of the vehicle as a PC friend of my sons said they can do you if you are sat in the passenger seat with the keys.

But only if the policeman is wearing his hat, they can't nick you if they don't have it on...AND he has to offer it to you if you need to have a pee and you have nowhere else to go. So the trick is only to give a urine sample in his helmet and then you're immune from prosecution. That's what a bloke down the pub called Dave told me.

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
"We will never know quite how drunk he was as he refused to provide a sample for analysis but the fact that he was slumped in the car when he was found, was slurring his wounds and struggled to take off his shoes and socks at the police station gives some indication of how unfit to drive he was.”

And how much has the journalist who wrote the article had to drink?!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
But only if the policeman is wearing his hat, they can't nick you if they don't have it on...AND he has to offer it to you if you need to have a pee and you have nowhere else to go. So the trick is only to give a urine sample in his helmet and then you're immune from prosecution. That's what a bloke down the pub called Dave told me.

You're a pregnant woman :eek:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A neighbour of ours got done this year for drink driving, not that much over the limit, had never had points on his licence before, he pleaded guilty and explained to the Court his circumstances of genuinely having not long lost his lifetime partner to cancer. He got just an 6 month ban. Until then, I thought it was a minimum 12 months ban.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Tsk. Everyone knows that you claim to be an asthmatic so can't blow into the breathalyser then, when you go to the station, claim to be having a heart attack so they have to call for an ambulance. When you get to A&E pretend to have an epileptic fit so they have to give you diazepam up the arse so tou pass out. Then refuse to have a blood test on the grounds that you are seriously needle phobic. Believe me, I've seen this behaviour more than once. Invariably OB get bored and wander off in the end.

Happy boozing shithead time wasters.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Should be a life ban, take the idiots off the road. If they lose their employment so be it.

If you kill somebody whilst under the influence it should be a life sentence too.

Zero tolerance for drink/drug users.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here