Votes: 68 47.6%
  • No Not enough experience for this challenge

Votes: 56 39.2%
  • Meh - A Burke/Barber Stooge

Votes: 19 13.3%

• Total voters

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
For me it is so typical of Albion at the moment. The need for a stooge rather than a real free thinker and challenger of the suits

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Fence.

I like that we're a club that doesn't go for tried and tested familiar names, but at the same time Robinson has spent a fair bit for League One over the years and not got anything to show for it. Still, he could be a roaring success and clearly likes attacking football.

Should have been sacked at MK Dons long ago - he's the current Michael Appleton, how he got his good reputation is an utter mystery

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
20120711132405!Logo-talend-high.png

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
For me it is so typical of Albion at the moment. The need for a stooge rather than a real free thinker and challenger of the suits

Is Meh a fence/don't know option? the wording is so biased, some would interpret A Burke/Barber Stooge as a No vote and Yes, would not be winning (Currenty).

(FWIW, I voted No.)

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Illustrious playing career at the likes of Oswestry Town, Ryll and Marine to name but a few, Experience at the highest level and wise at the age of 34.

Its a NO from me.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Is Meh a fence/don't know option? the wording is so biased, some would interpret A Burke/Barber Stooge as a No vote and Yes, would not be winning (Currenty).

(FWIW, I voted No.)

I think it differentiates between a No vote on pure footballing grounds and a no vote from a very parochial, corporate perspective. And (fruitnveg) apologies for spelling Talent as Talend. I have a day job....

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
I'm really not sure what to think of this appointment, without any research i assumed karl had an impressive CV as he is always being talked about in the media as being one of this country's brightest young managers. However, having done a bit of research, he hasn't actually achieved anything of note to warrant a job higher up in my opinion.

having said that he is still only 34 and he will continue to improve as a manager, he also likes to play a good brand of football. i think soon enough, a team in this league will take a punt on him and it may work wonders but i don't feel we are in a position to take a punt on a manager without a particularly good track record.

5th
5th
8th
10th

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ok, so it's two No votes. No is winning.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Illustrious playing career at the likes of Oswestry Town, Ryll and Marine to name but a few, Experience at the highest level and wise at the age of 34.

Its a NO from me.

Yeah because great players are always top managers (e.g. Paul Ince, Sami Hyypia...). And top managers were always the best players (Alex Ferguson, Jose Morinho, Arsene Wenger...)... Oh no, the opposite is almost always true.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
It's a yes from me.

Playing experience irrelevant - Hyypia's couldn't have been much better! Him making it as a manager at a higher level than he ever played is maybe even more evidence that he's got what it takes.

Ok, MK Dons haven't been promoted yet, but they're in the automatic promotion spots right now.

I imagine his experience working with the MK Dons youth system would appeal to Tony too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here