Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Karl Robinson approached by Albion

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sounds a good move, reckon he'd keep us up if we back him with transfers in January.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
The source is Three Counties Radio, so seems authentic. Would also suggest we're quite serious about his chances of taking over.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
That would be a shocker! He's never even managed to get MK Dongs in the play offs in Div 1 has he?

He finished fifth in his first two seasons and lost in the playoffs both times. Since then it has been 8th and 10th place finishes, although this season they're currently second in the table (a point behind with a game in hand)

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Plays a good brand of football, but would argue he isn't exactly ripping up trees in a division below.

Would have probably been a fair appointment in the summer with rebuilding and him able to shape a side over a few seasons, is he the type of manager who can come in and change things quickly and save us though ?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
This is a BRILLIANT move but it won't happen. My sister says there is no way on earth he is leaving MK Dons soon.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
He hasn't done that well at MK Dons. They have one of the higher budgets for the league and he has been unable to get them out of League one.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Plays a good brand of football, but would argue he isn't exactly ripping up trees in a division below.

Would have probably been a fair appointment in the summer with rebuilding and him able to shape a side over a few seasons, is he the type of manager who can come in and change things quickly and save us though ?

If he is our target I think we are planning for next season already, he certainly has plenty of experience in that division.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd far rather have someone with Championship experience in the current situation. Failing that, he'd probably be the next best option. Just worries me that he's not actually achieved anything....

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
He's smashing league 1 with MK dons, promotion from league 1 sounds better on the CV than leaving a high flying club for a club languishing at the bottom of a league just above them.

I wouldn't be too happy with this appointment just on the fact he's not done a job with MK dons yet is one reason enough.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That would be a shocker! He's never even managed to get MK Dongs in the play offs in Div 1 has he?

Why. What has he done to make you convinced he would be a good Championship manager?

He hasn't done that well at MK Dons. They have one of the higher budgets for the league and he has been unable to get them out of League one.

All of this for me ... I'm not exactly anti, but very definitely 'meh' and hope we can do better

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here