Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

100 Things you might not know about Nathan Jones

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The big man has gone, lets feel the love for the little man who is going to lead us charging up the table to play off glory. Here's your first ten. 100 may be optimistic.

1) He has been gone too long - that's a phrase you will hear a lot by people who think they are funny. I used it this morning with my girlfriend, she looked at me blankly. It refers to the hit single by The Supremes, released in the Spring of 1971, a song about a woman and her former love Nathan Jones, with the lyrics "Nathan Jones, you've been gone too long."

2) He is rumoured to have slept with Soccer AM's Helen Chamberlain whilst playing for Torquay, however he never played for Torquay. He did play for Yeovil though and that's close enough.

3) Micky Adams thought he was "bigger than that". A reference to when Micky Adams confronted Nathan Jones during a post match interview after Jones play acted and got Joe Ansinyah sent off in a 1-1 draw away to Yeovil in September 2008. Many fans decided he was a **** at that point and have stuck to that view ever since, however now the big man is leading our pack he is clearly the messiah and not a ****.

4) Nathan Jones is only 5ft 7 in, a full inch shorter than Micky Adams, but still one foot taller than Tony Bloom.

5) He was born in Rhonda, Wales, on 28th May 1973. He is 41.

6) He speaks fluent Spanish, having played for Numancia and CD Badajoz 1996-1997.

7) His other clubs include Merthyr Tydfil, Luton Town, Scarborough, Southend, Yeovil and five year years with the Seagulls (2000-2005).

8) He played as a left back who liked to get forward. A bit of a Joe Bennett. He had one trick, a kind of shuffle that is difficult to describe. It looked a bit gay, truth be told, but he beat many a player with it, and it always got a cheer at The Withdean.

9) He is a highly intelligent man and has more coaching badges than you can wave a stick at.

10) He is registered blind. The glasses he wears are two inches thick. He has to stand in the technical area the whole time or else he would get lost. Seriously he is very short sighted, prescription of about 8.

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He had a cameo in the last Star Wars film as a droid

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
2) He is rumoured to have slept with Soccer AM's Helen Chamberlain whilst playing for Torquay, however he never played for Torquay. He did play for Yeovil though and that's close enough.

Whilst playing? I think the ref would have booked him for handling in the box.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to berate you [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION], an accountant by trade, for not being able to count up to 100, but your humorous post has saved you from that.

I believe the Helen Chamberlain thing followed a visit by Torquay, who she famously supports, to the theatre of trees where Jones was playing for us.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Here's your first ten. 100 may be optimistic.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] clearly an invitation to add, not a promise of me getting there! You IT people, always blaiming the numbers men.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I remember that game, at half time they had to remark the side lines, unfortunately the mud was so thick the line marking machine got stuck!!

Was that when they then famously and Dick Knight-dramatically closed Withdean for a month and played all games away. Or am I imagining that?

Yoda

English & European
A pitch invader one game at Withdean resembled his hair style at the time:
images

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He is (or was friends) with Damian Harris of Skint Records.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here