Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three incidents of attacks in France over three days

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've not seen reference to this before...

1. Saturday 20/12: Three police attacked in Tours by knife-wielding assailant shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is great) before being shot dead.
2. Sunday 21/12: Pedestrians knocked down in Dijon. 11 injured, 2 seriously. "Allahu Akbar" shouted in Arabic, but suspicions of mental illness.
3. Monday 22/12: Van driven at pedestrians in a Christmas market in Nantes. 10 injured, 5 seriously.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30583390

Maybe no connection between them, but there does seem to be a fit with ISIS calls for 'simple low-tech attacks'.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What with the bin lorry tragedy in Glasgow today really hope it doesn't give some fanatics an idea. Very low tech and difficult to secure against. Anyone can hire a van and then just target areas where crowds might gather. Bus stops, taxi ranks, pedestrian shopping areas not protected by bollards. Really worrying :(

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
One of the worst things for the security forces is 'lone wolf' attackers totally under the radar attacking random members of the public or police etc. How does anyone protect people against that ?
Calling them "lone wolf" attacks, sends a bit of a glamorous portrayal to those thinking of copy cat attacks......... I prefer "single maniac".

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Various Islamic groups are spoiling for a fight, Boko Haram and ISIS being two of them. Anyone brave enough to suggest there may not be virgins waiting for them? To think Westerners are crooked for having sex on the brain...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
very much think these "low tech" attacks will become more common,as already mentioned how on earth do the security forces fight against these?

seems also mental illness is mentioned more often, but any Jihadi screaming snackbars whilst trying to kill innocent people is 100% crackers already in my book.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

1. Saturday 20/12: Three police attacked in Tours by knife-wielding assailant shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is great) before being shot dead.
2. Sunday 21/12: Pedestrians knocked down in Dijon. 11 injured, 2 seriously. "Allahu Akbar" shouted in Arabic, but suspicions of mental illness.
3. Monday 22/12: Van driven at pedestrians in a Christmas market in Nantes. 10 injured, 5 seriously.

Maybe no connection between them, but there does seem to be a fit with ISIS calls for 'simple low-tech attacks'.

These things do tend to attract copycat incidents too, even from those who don't previously have any strong connections to the cause.

Those two police officers who got shot in Brooklyn, for example: I'd be somewhat surprised if they turned out to be the last to die in that sort of incident. Hope I'm wrong, but...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

It's been reported that the third incident you mentioned the cries of ""Allahu Akbar" were also shouted.
Trouble in Europe has been escalating over the past few years in European countries from the religion of peace. Sweden and Denmark with their "Liberal" welcoming governments were the first to be hit. Southern France is a trouble spot, and after working for a German firm in 2011, the German workers alongside me were concerned for their country.
We've had the warnings, our governments have chose to ignore and anybody that raises the concerns is branded.
The Dutch seem to be the only country that has got it's head screwed on.
Incoming flaming from the usual suspects on here, as per i suspect.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
ISIS is a grim inspiration for a lowly, radicalized youth. It should not be surprising to hear about these.

France has a serious social problems exacerbated by the poor economic performance.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
very much think these "low tech" attacks will become more common,as already mentioned how on earth do the security forces fight against these?

seems also mental illness is mentioned more often, but any Jihadi screaming snackbars whilst trying to kill innocent people is 100% crackers already in my book.

Whilst countries have a low percentage of the religion of peace, say 2-5% then it will just be the lone wolf attacks. The moderates will not be involved, get over 20% and then things will change. Once it gets over 90% as in Yemen, Somalia, Nigeria etc, which is over 90%, then they will and are killing each other.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
ISIS is a grim inspiration for a lowly, radicalized youth. It should not be surprising to hear about these.

France has a serious social problems exacerbated by the poor economic performance.

Really.........The French city of Marseille has an estimated 30 to 40 percent Muslim population and has been ranked as the most dangerous city in Europe.
Muslims have now set up unofficial checkpoints in various parts of Marseilles. Anyone entering “their” area has to stop and submit to inspection. Last week, the driver of a van belonging to a food bank, which distributes free food and drink to poor people, was stopped by a group of “jeunes” when trying to enter the Marseilles district of “Air-Bel”. The road had been barred with concrete blocks and bins filled with sand. They searched his vehicle “like policemen applying the law in their territory” in order to “check there weren’t any policemen inside”. When they saw he only had milk, they let him pass through.

A report by Nabila Ramdani from the Guardian no less.
http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...lgirls-jihad-society-problem-france-burqa-ban

France is probably the worst affected of all western nations by immigration, since it is on the brink of losing its European identity to the insistent Muslims increasing in numbers within French borders. As they grow in population, they come to believe they can impose the will of Islam on the French people, and when they don’t get their way, they often resort to violence.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Thousands of people have gathered in the eastern German city of Dresden for the latest in a series of anti-Islam demonstrations that have alarmed the country’s leftist ‘dhimmi’ politicians"

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Thousands of people have gathered in the eastern German city of Dresden for the latest in a series of anti-Islam demonstrations that have alarmed the country’s leftist ‘dhimmi’ politicians"

have they been labelled as neo nazis,football hooligans and confused dimwits yet?

If not i am sure it is coming,seems to be the modus operandi of anyone who gets a fright about these groups .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's been reported that the third incident you mentioned the cries of ""Allahu Akbar" were also shouted.
Trouble in Europe has been escalating over the past few years in European countries from the religion of peace. Sweden and Denmark with their "Liberal" welcoming governments were the first to be hit. Southern France is a trouble spot, and after working for a German firm in 2011, the German workers alongside me were concerned for their country.
We've had the warnings, our governments have chose to ignore and anybody that raises the concerns is branded.
The Dutch seem to be the only country that has got it's head screwed on.
Incoming flaming from the usual suspects on here, as per i suspect.

There have been arrests & a court case where terrorists plans have been foiled, the most recent target being Tony Blair. I think you'll find our government is aware.
The problem with single attacks is that there is no telling who or where it will happen.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We will never be safe again, unless the West Street Firm gets back together.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The one person who cannot be defested is a person who is prepared to die for what they believe in.

rubin

Oct 24, 2011
There have been arrests & a court case where terrorists plans have been foiled, the most recent target being Tony Blair. I think you'll find our government is aware.
The problem with single attacks is that there is no telling who or where it will happen.

What was he planning to do this time?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
blah blah drone the religion of peace blah drone.

Without wishing to give the impression I give any sympathy whatsoever to the scum who attack the general population like this, please could you refrain from using this term? We get it. It's apparent irony. You believe Islam is a violent religion and not what Islamic apologists constantly tell us to the contrary.

But you obviously don't know any Muslims. Personally I work with two. One is a bit of a nob, one is a sound bloke and a good mate, but most of all both of them are more peaceful, less aggressive than most Brits you are ever likely to meet and they are every bit as appalled at this sort of thing. So much so, that it barely needs saying because it is fcking obvious.

There are religious crackpots everywhere. It's just that unfortunately, a series of events over the past 20 years have brought the west into conflict with a large section of the Muslim world, and this has driven recruitment for these nutters for a variety of complex reasons. Some of it was entirely avoidable by the way.

But I digress. Please, can you stop tarring an entire religion with the same brush?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here