Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did someone have a go , or take 'banter ' too far yesterday ?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I spent 3 hours at the party with my son yesterday going from room to room and never came across Hypia.
I assumed he had been kept away....the only picture I have seen is in Santa's grotto which was in a room we were not allowed in because we had not booked.
Were the club protecting him from the wider public at a party and the realisation that there was nowhere to hide on Boxing Day...

D

Deleted User X18H

I say this after witnessing a Dad kicking off after his son kicked the ball through the red hoop three times and only got offered a Millwall programme . I'd worry if he'd been allowed near Sami.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I spent 3 hours at the party with my son yesterday going from room to room and never came across Hypia.
I assumed he had been kept away....the only picture I have seen is in Santa's grotto which was in a room we were not allowed in because we had not booked.
Were the club protecting him from the wider public at a party and the realisation that there was nowhere to hide on Boxing Day...

I spent half an hour in the same room as him, queuing to get signatures. He was polite but a touch detached, going through the motions, and not really connecting with the fans and kids. If you look at his comments directly after the Millwall game, it was obvious he'd had enough by them.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

My Grandson spoke to Him, he told Sami he wanted to be a goalkeeper. Funny thing was my daughter who took my grandson said he was too shy to have a photo taken, I took it as my grandson was too shy but now that would explain it.........Sami was using this as an excuse as he knew he was leaving today!!

I say this after witnessing a Dad kicking off after his son kicked the ball through the red hoop three times and only got offered a Millwall programme . I'd worry if he'd been allowed near Sami.

They were giving medals out for getting three in a row, Youngest Potting tried, got the right line, but couldn't the ball off the ground. Girl just before in black and red replica kit aged 9 - 10 got three in a row, no messing straight through the hoop - after the first went through we could all see she was a natural, mutterings of "sign her up" were heard!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I spent half an hour in the same room as him, queuing to get signatures. He was polite but a touch detached, going through the motions, and not really connecting with the fans and kids. If you look at his comments directly after the Millwall game, it was obvious he'd had enough by them.

Absolutely this! His post match interview on Sky directly after the match was painful to watch, you could tell he didn't believe a word he was saying and was a beaten man, I was really surprised he didn't leave that weekend. Probably wanted to speak with his family and close friends over the course of the week before making the final decision.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
It probably was not a resignation. This way Sami saves face and we bung him some compensation but not all of it. That is how things work.

Didn't have a go, although the throng around us in queue were going to (didn't happen) but nearly got rushed by security as after shaking his I lent in and reminded Sami 'it doesn't matter how good the ingredients are if the recipe isn't right' and 'some ingredients don't work and sometimes you miss one....'. Swiftly followed by 'the festive period is very important, good luck with that', at which point a crestfallen Sami was perfectly happy to have a picture with my son.
Maybe SH mistook my utterings for snapshot on his Albion tenure, I was merely referring to his Christmas cake effort this year!

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
It probably was not a resignation. This way Sami saves face and we bung him some compensation but not all of it. That is how things work.

Exactly, Ive said it before, if he was going to resign he would of done it after the Millwall game, not after Wolves where we played well and few people even went back to the Hyypia in camp, the delay must have been down to sorting out compensation.

It will be interesting what he says to the press, if he does not criticise the clubs recruitment process he has definetely been paid off and been told to keep quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here