Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Hyppia the Fall Guy goes, so what.......

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
this is about an appalling set of decisions being taken at the club since 2012.

This changes nothing, all the time the best players are sold off or disposed of, Brighton will not challenge at the top of the Championship.

The honeymoon of the new stadium is well and truly over, the current board are now under the microscope as they have taken us backwards after getting rid of Poyet & Garcia & now Hyppia.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Goes without saying next appointment will be absolutely crucial. 3 mangers all leaving for basically the same underlying reason of player recruitment. Something else has to change other than bringing in a new guy to run the team.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
A new manager could improve things short term- the club's 'one ambition', whilst never officially defined, must surely now be to avoid relegation.

Things do seem pretty rotten in the core of the club- those that are employed to recruit players and run the club should probably be cleared out and new systems put in place to deliver real change.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
this is about an appalling set of decisions being taken at the club since 2012.

This changes nothing, all the time the best players are sold off or disposed of, Brighton will not challenge at the top of the Championship.

The honeymoon of the new stadium is well and truly over, the current board are now under the microscope as they have taken us backwards after getting rid of Poyet & Garcia & now Hyppia.

Can't argue with this, we need to win and quickly another defeat and we're two wins off fourth from bottom. The whole episode at the Amex is starting to look like a shambles. To get the right man the executive will need to cede some ground to the new manager otherwise we won't get out of where we are. Just who will come here with our recent history of managers and with the current squad, we actually have very little to offer, no permanent striker, a weak squad, constrictions from the board, little money to spend, third from bottom and moral on the floor.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That we've gone for the same recruitment strategy having hit gold (Poyet) and silver (Oscar) isn't really surprising. My issue would be why neither of them stuck around.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Goes without saying next appointment will be absolutely crucial. 3 mangers all leaving for basically the same underlying reason of player recruitment. Something else has to change other than bringing in a new guy to run the team.

Er ..... I believe Hyypia resigned before he was pushed? Most people concur with the view that the current set of players should've been good enough for a mid-table position but unfortunately Hyypia couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
The current squad is pitiful, there's just nothing there.

I suggest Bloom is taking the mickey when he says it is costing more than any squad of recent times?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
A new manager could improve things short term- the club's 'one ambition', whilst never officially defined, must surely now be to avoid relegation.

Things do seem pretty rotten in the core of the club- those that are employed to recruit players and run the club should probably be cleared out and new systems put in place to deliver real change.

Thanks for listening Tony- if you're taking requests could you send Barber packing with Burke? Cheers.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The reality is, the ground and the fans are ready for The Premiership, the Board clearly are not...losing £14M despite full houses last season of 28K!
But but but Barber has done such a fantastic job. Surely this can't be true?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The current squad is pitiful, there's just nothing there.

I suggest Bloom is taking the mickey when he says it is costing more than any squad of recent times?
It probably does cost more than any squad of recent times.
Inflation in football salaries runs about 10% a year, in transfer fees, it's higher still, possibly much higher.

Simply standing still means spending more, year over year, for essentially the same personnel.

But thats why ticket prices rise most years concourse prices rise etc etc to coincide with wage rises...think bloom has accepted that current policy and short comings on the pitch is costing a fortune in lost revenues from lost fans and something had to be done to prevent disastrous renewal of season tickets and the fans will return with a winning team especially a team that looks capable of a challenge next season if they finish with a flourish this season

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It probably does cost more than any squad of recent times.
Inflation in football salaries runs about 10% a year, in transfer fees, it's higher still, possibly much higher.

Simply standing still means spending more, year over year, for essentially the same personnel.

Wot no ambiguity.
Have a happy, winning Boxing Day.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
But thats why ticket prices rise most years concourse prices rise etc etc to coincide with wage rises...think bloom has accepted that current policy and short comings on the pitch is costing a fortune in lost revenues from lost fans and something had to be done to prevent disastrous renewal of season tickets and the fans will return with a winning team especially a team that looks capable of a challenge next season if they finish with a flourish this season

Mmmm....If we were to forget all about our past, Goldstone, Priest field, Withdean etc, to all intents and purposes we are a newly formed club, with thousands of newish supporters, still finding our way through a minefield. Sure, we are making mistakes and searching for an identity, this may be a long road.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'd have thought Bloom would already have his finger on the pulse. Be interesting to hear Hyppia's [sic] version of events.

i wonder if that will be happening any time soon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here