Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget Pulis now

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Don't waste your money betting on Pulis for the job. No chance he would come here under our structure, he's a manager not a head coach and would not accept someone else calling the shots on transfers.

My suspicion is we're looking for a top coach to work within our structure. If we hadn't had our fingers burned with Sammy Lee he may have been a candidate, other outside shots may be Steve Wigley and Glenn Roeder, perhaps even Southgate if we could tempt him from his England project.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't even want Pulis and have to agree

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pulis didn't like a bit of meddling from the hierarchy at Palace, or the budget so what planet are you on if you think he'd even consider coming here. I doubt he'd bother attending an interview.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Pulis is a great manager but not right for us, and we're not right for him.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Pulis didn't like a bit of meddling from the hierarchy at Palace, or the budget so what planet are you on if you think he'd even consider coming here. I doubt he'd bother attending an interview.

Agreed. But I think the recruitment structure will deter more than just Pulis. I think this is behind all the managerial problems, departures and acquisitions.

Give the manager full accountability for results, a clear budget with Bloom having final say with players by signing the cheques (or not) and the recruitment structure following the managers lead.

Keep the structure as it is, and I think the short list will be very short (length & quality) with our growing reputation of confused recruitment.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I find it hard to believe that Reading would not have made enquiries after Pullis. If he didn't go there, I can't see him choosing here.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Pay Pulis whatever it takes to keep us in the Championship.
Renegotiate in the summer. If he wants to stay on, that's fine. If not we move on.
It's all about survival. The cost of relegation would be far greater than the cost of hiring Pulis.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here