Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Sami. All the Best

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Sami deserves a huge amount of credit for doing the decent thing and resigning rather than waiting to be sacked and in turn costing us alot of money paying off his contract. True he has earned a fortune during his playing days and obviously wanted to be a success but it did not work out here so all the best :thumbsup:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I hate to think his memories of working for BHA are colored to any extent by the abuse and vilification to which he was subject on NSC.

I feel no joy because problems run deeper than just Sami

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Are you telling me you think these big pay offs still happen after poor performance. If they did Barber would be doing his job wrong. The prat had to walk to save face. It is like me walking in the office, smashing my laptop with a sledge hammer and pissing all over it then saying "sorry boss I resign". He had to resign, end of!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agreed but at the same time my stress levels have returned to normal again. I can get back to loving the Albion again. Well nearly, just need Burke booted out and the right appointment made by Bloom. I feel bubbly again. We now have a chance of staying up:clap:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sami deserves a huge amount of credit for doing the decent thing and resigning rather than waiting to be sacked and in turn costing us alot of money paying off his contract. True he has earned a fortune during his playing days and obviously wanted to be a success but it did not work out here so all the best :thumbsup:

Agree with this, but, he should have resigned/been fired during the last International break. His tenure was allowed to fester. But he is a nice guy as was Gus, Oscar etc . Still a legend at Anfield.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm certain he will go on to be a very successful coach or assistant manager he just hasn't got it as a manager, I wish him all the best in the future.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest, I wish Sami no ill will. I do think he was certainly managing with both hands tied. Yes ok, his tactical choices were bizarre, but he certainly was not a lucky manager like OSCAR was ( without ulloa's goals, we would have been very average last year)

Be interesting if the new manager will get anything better from these players....although if the team on Boxing Day is the same as sami's last team, we will know it is jones pulling the strings

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sami had a knot tightening round his neck, from above.
While the players seemed hell bent on kicking the chair he was standing on.

An honourable man who didn't deserve to be the centre of the abuse, as much of it wasn't of his making.

No I'm not rewriting history, there were plenty of decisions Sami got wrong.
Only his margin for error was drastically reduced by everybody else's cock-ups.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The right thing has happened but I don't think many Albion fans think it starts and ends with Hyypia. It is a start and a swift, correct appointment may give us a chance and frankly lift the mood of fans and players.

He has been dignified but it is a terrible record and I got sick of hearing from so-called ITK types that he might have come over as very dull in every interview but could be a motivational guru for players on the training ground. Intuitively that always sounded like bollox, and so it proved.

I haven't enjoyed reading some of the abuse of Hyypia bordering on xenophobic, a simple evaluation of his results was enough. But if others left at the club think that this gets them off the hook, they are wrong. They are still very much under scrutiny.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Nobody who has work with SH has got a bad word to say about him. TB said that he is a workaholic and that he has spent all the hours god sends to try and make our club a success on the pitch. It has not worked out as anyone had hoped, but I wish him all the best for the future and I hope that he can become a successful manager. Good luck.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good luck to the bloke in the future. I don't agree with any personal abuse - sure he gave it his best shot - but neither do I have much sympathy. He's been around long enough to know his results were nowhere near good enough. It may be true that he's been let down by others in the hierarchy but constant squad rotation, laughable tactics and some odd team selections mean he has to shoulder most of the blame. I suppose we'll soon find out if the players are as bad as Hyypia's supporters seem to think. Personally I don't think so.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
1) a resignation looks better on his CV.

2) you can bet he got a nice mutually agreed payoff.....probably his 1st year paid off.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks Sammi lad, I heard on the grapevine that Brendan needs/ is looking for a defensive coach:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here