Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unbelievable Job - Very Big Club with Massive fanbase

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not my words but the words of SSN reporter Mark McAdam, won't be a lack of interest and a great job for someone to get.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
A great job if you can put up with SERIOUS meddling behind the scenes and no control whatsoever over player recruitment.

We've had three managers resign in just over a year. THREE. The better managers are going to look at that very suspiciously.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
He is right, I think a lot of people would be interested, however, the sticking point will be wages,money to spend on new players and how much control/say on what players he wants and can get.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Very big club?
A few years in the top tier over 30 years ago doesn't warrant that title.
That is embarrassing.
BHA has spent almost all of ts existence in the second tier and below.
Have we got delusions of grandeur or what?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We're not a big club though are we really. Large amount of season ticket holders and attendences but that is about as far as it goes. Very much a new fan base & proper following, and seen by other fans as a team with a sense of entitlement because of a new ground.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He is right, I think a lot of people would be interested, however, the sticking point will be wages,money to spend on new players and how much control the new manager would have on what players he wants.

There by hangs the problem.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There will be a lot of managers who would like to be considered for this position.

We used to get quite a few, even when we were at Withdean.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Very big club?
That is embarrassing.

It wasn't a fan saying it, it was a well respected reporter.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
It is a very good opportunity for someone. That B&HA are so low in the table should make it even more attractive. The next manager won't have the pressure of mounting a play-off challenge this season on his shoulders. Mid-table security is all that would be expected. Followed by a close-season to mould the team as he'd wish it's as good a job outside the top-flight as anyone could hope for.
Mind, if the new man is burdened with Barber, etc. putting their oar in then it becomes a little less appealing. A manager should be allowed to manage unfettered.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Very big club?
That is embarrassing.
We've spent around 30 years in the top two divisions although a big club isn't based upon success....Its based upon attendances and fanbase.

That's another argument though :)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It is a very good opportunity for someone. That B&HA are so low in the table should make it even more attractive. The next manager won't have the pressure of mounting a play-off challenge this season on his shoulders. Mid-table security is all that would be expected. Followed by a close-season to mould the team as he'd wish it's as good a job outside the top-flight as anyone could hope for.
Mind, if the new man is burdened with Barber, etc. putting their oar in then it becomes a little less appealing. A manager should be allowed to manage unfettered.

Mid table?? I'm sure 99.99% of people would take 21st.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unbelievable Job - Very Big Club with Massive fanbase who will turn on you as soon as you don't win every game.
And even if you do win everything, they'll still turn on you, eventually.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Club with big potential but not a big club, probably only slightly bigger than Palace

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I would imagine it is a very attractive job for a manager looking their next 'project'.
I hope the club try to appoint for the present and the future (ie not afraid to use the young players) rather than getting in a 'fire fighter'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here