Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Albion manager: the Glenn Hoddle discussion thread

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
...ticks every box as far as I can see (except, perhaps, for the one about speaking to the press about religious type stuff).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What boxes does he tick?

Question 1 - why hasn't he worked in recent years? Kind of suggests his heart is no longer in it.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Spot On. Has waited for all the previous nonsense to subside. Started coaching here again... A tactical genius and adaptable too..unlike guess who..

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
A total failure in his last managerial post, eight years ago with Wolves in the Championship. Not that I believe this should mean him being excluded from consideration. One unsuccessful period doesn't mean a man should be written off completely.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Do people really care what he believes in aslong as he doesn't preach to others?

I'm sure most know the press blew what he said and what he believes all out of proportion.

Do you care to explain this comment to me
? I think you will find he said EXACTLY what was reported as he reiterated it many times.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Glenn Hoddle understands football , just listening to him analysing games during the world cup was enough to convince me that he is currently a wasted talent.A tactically astute mind and an ability to read the game from the sidelines is exactly what we need at the moment.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Do people really care what he believes in aslong as he doesn't preach to others?

I'm sure most know the press blew what he said and what he believes all out of proportion.

Er no. He had a faith healer amongst his England back room staff team. I realise the press were trying to get him out and set him up but he did say those crazy things and admitted to it. He is an arrogant nutter & a deluded oddball, no thanks. Players don't respect him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here