Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What if Hyypia, Jones, Barber AND Burke have all gone by New Year's Day?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One thing is certain if that came about, he'd not be wintering in Australia

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Barber won't be out with Bloom in Australia.

Jones I think will stay.

Burke must be on very thin ice, but may be saved by the imminent transfer window.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If that happens, I will swim across the midwinter North Atlantic myself to thank Tony Bloom in person for finally getting to grips with the heart(s) of the problem.*

Bloom is a thoroughly good chap, with decent instincts both as chairman and a fan. He deserves a better performance than he's been getting from the ineffective overpaid flunkies who have landed us in this mess.

*I may not actually do this

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I wouldn't expect Paul Barber to go either. While I have argued on here in the past about how he can affect events on the pitch even indirectly I think the fact that Sami has fallen on his sword has probably strengthened his position and I've probably revised mine to "Barber in for the rest of the season then we'll see". Burke will go if the leadership team want to bring in a manager who wants control of player recruitment, else not since we need to do some careful deals in January. Jones will go if the new man has an approved back room team. Simple as that really.

If I was David Burke right now I'd be wary.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If that happens, I will swim across the midwinter North Atlantic myself to thank Tony Bloom in person for finally getting to grips with the heart(s) of the problem.*

If you do swim across the North Atlantic you'll be nowhere near Australia. I'd check on your geography before attempting such a feat.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Paul Barber is actually doing a good job based upon what he is paid to do.

If he went he would be replaced by a like minded "suit" ( don't like the phrase but seems appropriate here) and someone who is most likely less eloquent or approachable

Be careful what you wish for

Burke on the other hand.......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Recruit a decent manager who can cover player recruitment as well with help from the other staff. That's one salary saved as well.

Barber won't be going anywhere until he is good and ready to move on so not much point in discussing that one. But neeedless to see if he did move on that is a big old salary to use on at least one very good person.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Bloom is a thoroughly good chap, with decent instincts both as chairman and a fan. He deserves a better performance than he's been getting from the ineffective overpaid flunkies who have landed us in this mess.

Are you expecting him to fly to the East coast of North America from Australia to meet you on your arrival? If not, you'll have to walk across the US and then swim most of the way across the Pacific too in order to meet him. If you want to catch him before he returns from Oz, I'd set out soon - perhaps tomorrow? :thumbsup:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Paul Barber is actually doing a good job based upon what he is paid to do.

If he went he would be replaced by a like minded "suit" ( don't like the phrase but seems appropriate here) and someone who is most likely less eloquent or approachable

Be careful what you wish for

Burke on the other hand.......

Thank you Mrs Barber

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Barber is unlikely to go, it does seem a lot like he's filling the parameters given to him by Bloom perfectly well.

Jones will entirely depend on who comes in as manager and whether or not he has his staff he wants to bring with him.

Burke is, as others have said, the one who needs to be careful. I'm not convinced it'd be a good time for him to go just before the transfer window, and doing it during the transfer window is potential suicide, but if I were him I think I'd be more nervous between February and the end of April in his shoes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This seems to be what NSC fans would like to see happen.

If it did, and all four go, who could be trusted to advise Tony Bloom and help him make the right decisions?

Maybe we should take a leaf out of the late Tony Benn's book,

“In the course of my life I have developed five little democratic questions. If one meets a powerful person — Adolf Hitler, Joe Stalin or Bill Gates — ask them five questions: ‘What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?’ If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.”

Anthony Wedgwood Benn, RIP.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here