Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

and so begins....

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
...another drawn out and complicated search for a new manager.

Sigh.

Someone needs to start a poll:

Will the new appointment be:

Slated from day one?
Anointed the messiah?
Anointed the messiah, then slated after six weeks?

I'd vote for #3. It would conform to the pattern established on NSC for every Albion manager ever.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Someone needs to start a poll:

Will the new appointment be:

Slated from day one?
Anointed the messiah?
Anointed the messiah, then slated after six weeks?

I'd vote for #3. It would conform to the pattern established on NSC for every Albion manager ever.

Gus had longer than that, surely?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Contract is already typed agreed & typed up, what do you think they've been doing for the past month

I hope you're right but if you are TB is a devious little beggar giving full support and looking at replacements at the same time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have a very strong feeling this won't be the case. I suspect we already know who the man is.

If that is that case I doubt Jones would be announced as manager for Reading? I suppose they could appoint someone and say he hasn't had time to address to team to take charge for Reading. Hope that you are right though!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Gus had longer than that, surely?
The complaints about the kind of football -- 'ticka-tacka', boring, defensive, not attractive -- started almost immediately. The results damped down some of the ire, for a while. But the calls for 4-4-2, and Route One, came early and often.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
If that is that case I doubt Jones would be announced as manager for Reading? I suppose they could appoint someone and say he hasn't had time to address to team to take charge for Reading. Hope that you are right though!

As Sami resigned it might not paint the club in the best light is a successor was announced immediately. Announcing Jones answers any potential questions, and as it's Christmas week it may take a little longer to get everything finalised than it would otherwise.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As Sami resigned it might not paint the club in the best light is a successor was announced immediately. Announcing Jones answers any potential questions, and as it's Christmas week it may take a little longer to get everything finalised than it would otherwise.

Why should it take longer? A phone call from PB to an agent I would like to discuss the job with your man can he meet me for dinner tonight or lunch tomorrow. Decision to accept or not Wednesday, call to oz deal done same day. Problem comes if he says no and we have to try some one else.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

By the time Bloom gets back from Australia to oversee the process it will be gone new year anyway, give it another month for his process to work then we should have a new manager by the start of February. Looks like another Burke transfer window is in the offing.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I do not think bloom saw this coming.

It would not surprise me if this caught the club off guard.

I think they are running around like headless chickens now with mobiles clamped to their ears whilst bloom yells incoherently about ungrateful sods challenging his decisions

Oh and I reckon jones will be appointed full time ......horrendously

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Quick question if anyone can help. How do i start a new thread ?
theres been a couple of times i wanted to start 1 as had something i thought might be interesting to say , but i dont seem to have a start a new thread button.
help please.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Why should it take longer? A phone call from PB to an agent I would like to discuss the job with your man can he meet me for dinner tonight or lunch tomorrow. Decision to accept or not Wednesday, call to oz deal done same day. Problem comes if he says no and we have to try some one else.

People go away around this time of the year frequently, meaning the first choice might not be in the country to meet. Obviously they can get back if needed with modern transport, but it'd certainly slow the process down. Running contract by lawyers and things like that may be delayed for similar reasons too.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lawyers having time off will slow it down but shouldnt if they want the business, Ideally it will be done between Christmas and New Year with TB possibly flying back for a couple of days but I think realistically it will be during the first week of January and Jones will be in charge for Readng and Fulham away, be interesting if we win both.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It sounds as though the club WERE taken by surprise. If they were going to sack him they would surely have done it following the board meeting last week?

Even though the board gave him a vote of confidence you would hope that they would have planned for this scenario of him walking because when the fans are 95%+ against the manager and manufacturing signs there is no way back. Hopefully the board will have discussed how much they'd be prepared to pay a new manager.

You wonder by Sami walking - rather than being sacked - how much money this frees up for the new manager?

I'm probably in the minority on this but I believe our squad IS actually pretty good and with the right man and one or two new players in the window we are capable of going on a sizeable unbeaten run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here