Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SKY News reporting 6 dead after lorry crash in Glasgow

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:(

http://news.sky.com/story/1396275/bin-lorry-crashes-into-shoppers-six-dead

Police are dealing with a "serious incident" in Glasgow where a bin lorry is understood to have crashed into a group of pedestrians.

Sky sources are reporting two people died (update 6 dead) after the lorry mounted the pavement and crashed into the side of the Millenium Hotel in George Square.

The Daily Record newspaper says the accident happened as a crowd of Christmas shoppers were waiting to cross the road outside Queen Street station.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How tragic. :-( Puts everything into perspective,

I stayed in the Millenium Hotel only a few months ago,

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
was due down there this afternoon shopping and a few pints. awful i feel terrible for them.

people are saying the driver had a heart attack.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Awful news, poor devils. Wasn't it about a year back that there was the helicopter crash in the roof of the pub in Glasgow ?

Last edited:

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Police just said it travelled 300m along the pavement at high speed, so sadly, I can only see the fatality count rising. An eye witness also said it struck a mother and buggy. So sad.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Police just said it travelled 300m along the pavement at high speed, so sadly, I can only see the fatality count rising. An eye witness also said it struck a mother and buggy. So sad.

Yes. Very grim news.

A woman who witnessed the entire event told Sky News: "The only way the lorry stopped was actually hitting the building."

Sky correspondent James Matthews who is at the scene asked the witness to tell him about the people on the pavement who had been hit.

The distressed woman said: "I can’t do that."

She went on to say: "When something is coming up behind them like that, how can they run out of the way? There was noise and bangs and screams…

"There was a baby in a buggy. There were actually two little kids. It was just horrific."

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is horrific news at any time of the year but a few days before Christmas is dreadful. Those poor families, my heart goes out to them.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Truly awful. :(

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This is horrific news at any time of the year but a few days before Christmas is dreadful. Those poor families, my heart goes out to them.

There's a big funfair on george square the place was rammed with mums and kids today not a few yards away.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here