Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Jones

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
We now have Jones in charge for at least two games. What happens if we win both and then we struggle to get someone else in. Give him a few weeks and then make him permanent?

It could happen.

Who else is going to want to come us in the bottom three with a history of pissing off managers?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd like to see Paul Barber step up, if only so that [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] only has one man (although with two roles) to hate.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I'd like to see Paul Barber step up, if only so that [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] only has one man (although with two roles) to hate.

I don't hate him, I actually quite like him, I just don't think he is doing a very good job :)

So yes it would make life easier if the manager and CEO role could be combined. Would also be great for FFP.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We now have Jones in charge for at least two games. What happens if we win both and then we struggle to get someone else in. Give him a few weeks and then make him permanent?

It could happen.

Who else is going to want to come us in the bottom three with a history of pissing off managers?

At least all you anti Jones dullards might actually have some evidence to criticise him from once he has been caretaker for a few games.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't hate him, I actually quite like him, I just don't think he is doing a very good job :)

So yes it would make life easier if the manager and CEO role could be combined. Would also be great for FFP.
Did you think that last season? The manager picks the team and tactics not the assistant.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Did you think that last season? The manager picks the team and tactics not the assistant.

If you read the thread properly I was talking about Barber (as always :))

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Actually looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Excellent, Hyypia hasn't even gone and we've moved onto the next target, Jones.

Stumpy Tim

Jones should get a couple of games anyway now - and if he does well he'll deserve a shot. I actually like Jones. He is well respected, has his badges, won the development league at Charlton, and he has an aura of intensity that is the hallmark of a good manager.

Whoever gets the gig is fortunate in my opinion - we're MUCH better than where we're sitting in the league. Just get us organised & feed Darren Bent and/or Colunga and we'll climb the league

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We settled this months ago.

Welsh
Weasel.
Yeovil.

End of.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

I am interested to know how you quantify that.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"In the interim, Nathan Jones, assistant manager, will take charge of the team for the Boxing Day fixture against Reading. " :thumbsup:

Read more at
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/brighton-hove-albion-sami-hyypia-leaves-2159842.aspx

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I am interested to know how you quantify that.

We had a good manager, he left. Since then we have lost another good manager, who left and appointed an average one, who has now left.

Since he has arrived we have sold our best players and we are now sitting in the bottom three of the Championship. When he arrived we had a play off challenging squad, we now have a bottom three in the championship side.

He is the CEO, he has to take some responsibility for what has happened.

Jimmy Grimble

I'm genuinely expecting a vast tactical improvement under Jones. Partly cos it can't be any worse than Hyypia's tactics, partly because I have a gut feeling he'll actually be decent.

Regardless, it'll be very interesting to see how he lines them up.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
We had a good manager, he left. Since then we have lost another good manager, who left and appointed an average one, who has now left.

Since he has arrived we have sold our best players and we are now sitting in the bottom three of the Championship. When he arrived we had a play off challenging squad, we now have a bottom three in the championship side.

He is the CEO, he has to take some responsibility for what has happened.

THIS! with ****ing great brass bells on

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patreon
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
If Jones can produce a couple of wins and a draw in the first weeks then my guess is he gets the job until the season end. It will be fascinating to see what tactics he adopts now and whether he agreed with Sammi's methods. If he can save us from relegation then you cannot ask for more at this stage of the campaign. He knows better than any newcomer the strengths and weaknesses of the team. Obviously if we lose the next 2 or 3 games then he is a goner.

Having said all that I'm not that keen on him!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here