Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The 'Hyypia resignation/leaving' thread

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I find it interesting with Hyypia. A lot of his ex-players who spoke about his time talked about a coach ahead of him time, but hamstrung by the transfer policy at the time which I think is partly true. Gary Gardner, awful; Kemy Agustien, awful; Toko, awful; Chris O'Grady replacing Ulloa? Gimme a break.

He was also tactically extraordinarily naive. Joe Bennett at LB was often the furthest forward with no real tactical solution other than Rohan Ince moving across. We were SO open at the back in an attempt to get forward but with rubbish strikers on the books, goals were always hard to come by.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I find it interesting with Hyypia. A lot of his ex-players who spoke about his time talked about a coach ahead of him time, but hamstrung by the transfer policy at the time which I think is partly true. Gary Gardner, awful; Kemy Agustien, awful; Toko, awful; Chris O'Grady replacing Ulloa? Gimme a break.

He was also tactically extraordinarily naive. Joe Bennett at LB was often the furthest forward with no real tactical solution other than Rohan Ince moving across. We were SO open at the back in an attempt to get forward but with rubbish strikers on the books, goals were always hard to come by.

Brentford away, nightmares still surrounding that one.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The recruitment in the summer of 2014/15, bar Stockdale, Baldcok and Teixeira was pretty poor (failing to land Assambalonga and get Stephen Ward back was the death knell ) and Hyppia was clearly out of his depth.

But he was dealt a pretty poor hand. Things might have been different if Dale Stevens and Solly were fit. People forget that the promotion/play off core were actually already on the books - Stockdale, Bruno, Dunk, Stevens, March, Baldock, Greer - Hughton didn't have to add too much...but its Tony's one big error and potentially a fatal one. We finished 20th !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here