One advantage of being relegated no one has mentioned yet

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I already stand safe in the North stand

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Once again I cannot see the amex, which was designed as a full seater stadium, to have a stand full of seats removed.

That and it would be the boards ambition to get promoted to the championship asap therefore needing to install the seats again soon after.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Nothing will change, the stewards will still tell everyone to sit down bar the back few rows.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
As long as the club can financially be OK in League One - there are potentially lots of positives that could be had.

- we're more likely to win lots of games, or even get promoted!
- fresh start, squad clear out
- even some of our worst players could do a job
- potentially cheaper tickets
- FA Cup first/second round games are often good fun
- First Sussex derby in the league since... ever?
- Smaller attendances = less queues, better transport, sit where you like

That said, The Championship is amazing - and we'll never get players like Bridge, Vicente, Bent in League One - and the Premier League dream will have to be on hold for potentially many more years

Good post and there are supposed advantages of being in League 1 -if you think that shorter queues etc are of that worth. But the last para is valid - we will have to start all over again. The players in league I that we would have may be world beaters at that level, but I think we have found out that what gets you goals in league 1, does not necessarily do it at Championship level.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Good post and there are supposed advantages of being in League 1 -if you think that shorter queues etc are of that worth. But the last para is valid - we will have to start all over again. The players in league I that we would have may be world beaters at that level, but I think we have found out that what gets you goals in league 1, does not necessarily do it at Championship level.

And to think that 3 years ago there were arguments on here with half saying we need to seize the Prem opportunity whenever we can, and the other half saying we need to spend 3/4 years consolidating and getting ready for it

I don't recall anyone even daring to suggest we might have to start all over again

I can now see the which side of the fence I'll be on in the future!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Agree as how many clubs get relegated with so called prem players or championship players and they turn out to be complete tripe once relegated.

A proper clear out would be required:thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
As long as the club can financially be OK in League One - there are potentially lots of positives that could be had.

- we're more likely to win lots of games, or even get promoted!
- fresh start, squad clear out
- even some of our worst players could do a job
- potentially cheaper tickets
- FA Cup first/second round games are often good fun
- First Sussex derby in the league since... ever?
- Smaller attendances = less queues, better transport, sit where you like

That said, The Championship is amazing - and we'll never get players like Bridge, Vicente, Bent in League One - and the Premier League dream will have to be on hold for potentially many more years

smaller attendances = cutting costs to meet the lower attendances, no extra trains, less P&R buses, less staff in the kiosks = no change to queues

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The thought of league 1 again is so depressing, if it happens you would have to point the finger at Bloom for not changing the manager earlier in the season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are in Amex season 4.

If we go down, then the earliest possible opportunity to be back in the Championship is Amex season 6.

What a waste of the optimistic Amex dream, and any 5 year plan is in shreds.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We are in Amex season 4.

If we go down, then the earliest possible opportunity to be back in the Championship is Amex season 6.

What a waste of the optimistic Amex dream, and any 5 year plan is in shreds.

If everyone who had a 5 year plan to get to the PL actually got there, it would have 55 clubs in it.
Patience, Football is for life, it doesn't end in L1

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Another advantage we won't play the scum next year. However I think Saturday was the turning point should of had three points lets see what happens on Boxing Day. Also we must have some good players lined up!:flypig::whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here