Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
There seems to be a suggestion that SH is being kept on on the basis he will be able to bring in some players he wants in January.

Just wondering what ideas people have for players we could bring in, or positions where we need a certain type of player. If we lost some /all of the loan players what would we need to put a decent team / squad of players together to compete in the championship?

I'm assuming that what we will see come in is some more loan players, or players who are too inexperienced or shit to make a difference- but who knows?!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Even if some half-decent players are recruited in January, I've no confidence that Hyppia will play them in their strongest positions or motivate them to get the best out of them.

The quality of our players is one issue, but SH's man-management and tactical nous (or lack of) are another.

I fear that bringing in new players won't be enough to save us if HE is still manager.

We'll get a load old waffle from the triple B collective about "fans being delighted at the end of January with our signings"when in fact it'll just be a load of shithouse journeymen that just couldn't give a **** if We stay up or go down.
But fear not,there's 20% off golf accessories in the club superstore.
#leagueoneready

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
The 3 players Sami has brought in already have not been great so why does anyone think any more he might bring in would be better? Sami and his mate Anti, brought in Stockdale and Hughes (both were at Fulham with Antii). Teixeira was recommended personally to Sami by his friend Steve Gerard.

Sami would also have had an input into who was signed after he joined the club. Does anyone seriously thing Burke has signed or brought in on loan anyone who Sami did not think would add to the team/squad as Sami simply would just not play them (e.g. like Toko signed before Sami joined who has not played a competitive first team game)? It won't matter how good players are when they sign for us if Sami is going to knock the confidence out of them in their first few games by saying they lack a bit of quality, or they don't do on the pitch what he askes them to do. Sami is a nice guy, but he is used to playing/working with top class premier and bundesliga players. He does not appear to be able to get the best out of players at a slightly lower level where they are inconsistent or need to be developed into better players.

Hope I am proved wrong.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The 3 players Sami has brought in already have not been great so why does anyone think any more he might bring in would be better? Sami and his mate Anti, brought in Stockdale and Hughes (both were at Fulham with Antii). Teixeira was recommended personally to Sami by his friend Steve Gerard.

Sami would also have had an input into who was signed after he joined the club. Does anyone seriously thing Burke has signed or brought in on loan anyone who Sami did not think would add to the team/squad as Sami simply would just not play them (e.g. like Toko signed before Sami joined who has not played a competitive first team game)? It won't matter how good players are when they sign for us if Sami is going to knock the confidence out of them in their first few games by saying they lack a bit of quality, or they don't do on the pitch what he askes them to do. Sami is a nice guy, but he is used to playing/working with top class premier and bundesliga players. He does not appear to be able to get the best out of players at a slightly lower level where they are inconsistent or need to be developed into better players.

Hope I am proved wrong.

So do I.
You suggest that he cannot get the best out of players outside the highest level but he was found out at Bundesliga level. Successful managers can work at any level. The basics of the game don't change.

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
My fear is we are waiting for January to bring in Sami's players and all our problem will be solved. But in my view why would a quality player pick Brighton who'll be in a relegation fight and potentially a few points adrift from safety.

It would seem at the beginning of the season we lost out on several players who went to other clubs who I guess paid more. Why now would we be a better option now?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
My fear is we are waiting for January to bring in Sami's players and all our problem will be solved. But in my view why would a quality player pick Brighton who'll be in a relegation fight and potentially a few points adrift from safety.

It would seem at the beginning of the season we lost out on several players who went to other clubs who I guess paid more. Why now would we be a better option now?

....and having seen Hyypia's record to date, I can't imagine there will be a rush to sign.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Just you wait and see - we'll make some quality signings in this window.

I just remain open to persuasion as to whether those qualities will be 'high' or 'low'.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
How many players have got better over the course of this season?

That's the problem for me, a decent manager makes his players better - Poyet did it and Garcia did it. All I see from us at the moment is a group of players going collectively backwards. This is the damning indictment for me and why I wouldn't give him a penny more of our money.

Can't see we will get a better striker than Bent, so it's the terrible central midfield that needs sorting. Could do with a couple of signings there, strong players who can pass and move

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

Hope I am proved wrong.

The issue with Teixera isn't his ability or quality, it's more the fact that he isn't suited to the Championship. He's too lightweight to play against some of the big centre halfs and central midfielders. You're given a little more protection in the Prem. He needs to work on his physique and building up some body strength, or go play in Spain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here