Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ally McCoist

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what job, tending your allotment, getting it ready for the spring maybe?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sue Barker might need her Bush trimming. I'm sure he'd oblige

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There's stumbling block in the way for any club who could be looking to take him on. First of all Rangers were paying him 800k a year and his reluctance to take a pay cut whilst the players under him were indicates that he'll probably be out for a similar salary which might put a dampener on hos appeal, also as he's still under contract with Rangers for just under 12 months there's the small chance that they may want some compensation.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
McCoist is to football management what Adam Woodyatt and Leonard Nimoy are to acting - typecast. He's as dyed in the wool as they come, so a risky appointment for any other club.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If you think we have problems, you should read up on The Rangers.
I was in Glasgow last week and was amazed to learn what's going on.
The club is being chased by their FA for multi millions in the next month or so to avoid another winding up order. The board and even the official receiver have been arrested and bailed.
Their automatic march through the leagues has been halted by a Samiesque run of results and a nine point lead by Hearts.
The fans seem more worried about the club than the team and McCoist. So the opposite of Pompey when they were still demanding big transfers when they were broke.

It's shocking how one of the two biggest clubs in the country has been wrecked. McCoist has been dealt a shit hand but is also part of the current problem on the pitch from what I could make out.

Let's not consider him for here based purely on his big name.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
If you think we have problems, you should read up on The Rangers.
I was in Glasgow last week and was amazed to learn what's going on.
The club is being chased by their FA for multi millions in the next month or so to avoid another winding up order. The board and even the official receiver have been arrested and bailed.
Their automatic march through the leagues has been halted by a Samiesque run of results and a nine point lead by Hearts.
The fans seem more worried about the club than the team and McCoist. So the opposite of Pompey when they were still demanding big transfers when they were broke.

It's shocking how one of the two biggest clubs in the country has been wrecked. McCoist has been dealt a shit hand but is also part of the current problem on the pitch from what I could make out.

Let's not consider him for here based purely on his big name.

He resigned as he knows how bad the situation is as you have described.
His resignation triggered a "salary increase (!)" from £400k to £750k which was written into his contract when he took a decrease a couple of years ago.
Sounds like he is taking the money while the club is still just afloat....
He will do a Di Matteo and sit and take his money till the 12 month leave is finished or the club is finished (whichever is sooner)...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here