Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia OUT banners - In favour or Not in favour

Hyypia OUT banners?

• Yes - Bin The Finn banners! The rot has to stop now.

Votes: 94 48.5%
  • Meh - am I bovered

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • No - Let's get behind the team instead (who cares we have only one once in 18)

Votes: 84 43.3%

• Total voters

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It seems to me a large slice of the Albion support want him to go (me included). The board are not listening, this is the next step.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The board seem to have made their minds up, I think banners would be a waste of effort.

We might as well suck it up and get behind the team, even if we do absolutely hate every single one of them.

Merry Christmas.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
We need one of those 'revolving number' banners that they had up at Old Trafford for all those years showing the number of years since Man City won a trophy. Ours would hang from the police box and show how many games have passed since our last victory (or something).

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have no problem with the banners. It's our club and if someone is screwing it up and the protests are not violent, let public opinion continue

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The board seem to have made their minds up, I think banners would be a waste of effort.

We might as well suck it up and get behind the team, even if we do absolutely hate every single one of them.

Merry Christmas.

No they are not waste of effort. Keep the pressure up

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
We need one of those 'revolving number' banners that they had up at Old Trafford for all those years showing the number of years since Man City won a trophy. Ours would hang from the police box and show how many games have passed since our last victory (or something).

Very Droll....How about a different very european approach (although I have voted yes in this just for the sake of it)? There seems to be some unease about booing so what about the white handkerchief approach, no doubt timed to coincide with Murray's 88th Minute winner...?

Discuss..

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Pointless excersize. The club are well aware of the dissent from the fans. They've made their decision. Banners are a waste of time.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Pointless excersize. The club are well aware of the dissent from the fans. They've made their decision. Banners are a waste of time.

So because the board have decided otherwise we should stop showing our feelings in this way? I wonder what would have happened to the club in 1997 if that was the way we behaved.

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So because the board have decided otherwise we should stop showing our feelings in this way? I wonder what would have happened the the club in 1997 if that was the way we behaved.
I doubt he was around then to appreciate events then.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
So because the board have decided otherwise we should stop showing our feelings in this way? I wonder what would have happened the the club in 1997 if that was the way we behaved.

Precisely...See the demise of Hereford..

I am not yet comparing any current individuals to officials of the time but there are some peculiar groundhog day things creeping in..

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014

Barber and co would love us to be silenced and accept things as how they are but we're Brighton And Hove Albion and we'll always protest and vent our anger when need be. Don't forget the club welcomed NSC and praised the site and Albion fans for demonstrating and calling for road blocks at withdean when the supermarket got funny. No the club are ignoring us? **** off, We are Brighton fans and we'll always let our feeling be known.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Really... I'm tired of all this b0ll0cks. Wake up and see where we are...

Our home ground isn't being sold.
Our team isn't being torn apart.
Our future isn't being sold for a profit.

That said...

We're not playing very well.
We're in the relegation zone.
Things seem desperate.

In conclusion...

Grow the far cup and get behind the damn team. If you choose not to that's fine by me, but it means that I know how shallow and ignorant you are.

Apologies if you're upset by this but I've had a long, tiring afternoon in the pub and I'd rather all of the naysayers and mongers of doom would just shut up, shut up, shut up.

Call yourself a fan? No... really - call yourself a fan after half a season of poor results?!

Nah. You ain't. Whinge all you like but a fan you're not. That's it. I give up. I'll stick to my own version of being a fan and ignore your short-term, impatient, negative and ill-judged blandishments.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
More banners the better,but would prefer chanting of hyppia out in which I don't thinks been sung yet..Shocking really.
I guess that most fans realise that hyppia and Jones are only part of the problem and this confuses fans big time.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
They obviously are not. I'm just curious as to why you think doing nothing is somehow the best option.

In my view Hyypia hasn't had the support from the club in putting together a side worthy of being a great deal better than where we are. I don't think disposing of the manager is going to make a massive amount of difference. The club have chosen to stick by him and judging from his interviews he will have some money to strengthen with players that suit what he wants to do.

In any case Bloom is not the sort who's going to have his mind changed with a few placards and banners after backing the manager a week or two previously.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
In my view Hyypia hasn't had the support from the club in putting together a side worthy of being a great deal better than where we are. I don't think disposing of the manager is going to make a massive amount of difference. The club have chosen to stick by him and judging from his interviews he will have some money to strengthen with players that suit what he wants to do.

In any case Bloom is not the sort who's going to have his mind changed with a few placards and banners after backing the manager a week or two previously.

Fair enough. I have fundamental concerns about how Hyypia sets his teams up, his lack of tactical nous and poor substitutions. I agree money needs to be spent, but that he shouldn't be the man in charge when it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here